The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Dang this thread lit up! :fire: Some great looking plants all around all!

Huixtepec
Just started flowering recently and is the tallest of the bunch.

A little over 3.5 meters from the base of the stem

Purple Mexican Heirloom
The one might possibly finish up in the next couple weeks. Really nice delicate sweet floral notes and just a tiny hint of gasoline in the background.

Punta Roja
This one turned into a beast. Started flowering a few weeks ago but still just building resin so no distinguishable smells yet.

The above photos were taken from the ground but when I went up on the rooftop I noticed that there was some roja showing on the top flowers.

46 Likes

Amazing! The Huixtepec its a beast!
And its just the beggining of the flowering period!
Definately it will be growing a lot!
Congratulations!

15 Likes

Man Landrace is awesome

6 Likes

Thank you @Elchischas Itā€™s looking like weā€™ll get to see how frost tolerant she is this fall.

7 Likes

Iā€™m still trying to grow one that I need to get on my roof to look at.:laughing:

5 Likes

Beautiful garden! :heart_eyes: I stopped laying shingles a few years ago, but Iā€™d risk throwing the old back out again for that view off your roof!:grin: You can get these to finish where you are canā€™t you? Huixtepec is frost tolerant. How low can she go? Iā€™m not sure. I didnā€™t risk below 30.

5 Likes

Sounds like itā€™s probably closer to that 14-16 week mark then. Good idea to pre-trim. Whatā€™s the nose on them? Cedar/ pine?

4 Likes

Oaxaca. Momma of Oaxaca/Peshawar from last winters indoor run, and last summers keeper. This one smells 100% like fuelā›½ļø and is longer flowering than most other phenos and because of this I had suspected perhaps some South Indian influence, but no longer think thatā€™s the case.
Does anyone know the answer to this questionā€¦can a hybrid of Old Silversides, a slight hermie, and a South Indian 100% male flowers only plant that turned into a completely 100% female flowers only plant, and finally back into 100% male plant againā€¦can this hybrid produce stable plants? :thinking: Iā€™d think noā€¦
The following Year I grew one hermie seed from off the South Indian ā€¦out of curiosityā€¦and it behaved like itā€™s momma. So the South Indian side cannot be used in breeding.
But can the Old Silversides lineage produce normal plants? Thatā€™s the question. I would really like to rule out any other influence so I can add this Oaxaca into my keeper line.

22 Likes

@Upstate
I would assume that with enough time and successive selection away from the hermie trait you could nearly eliminate it or make it very rare.
The issue is that when you select based on one trait you can inadvertently lose another trait that made silversides so great.

5 Likes

Iā€™m just wondering if itā€™s even possible that this Oaxaca plant could have some of this South Indian in it. I made some seeds intentionally from the south india and Oaxaca. Iā€™ll have to grow some of these out to see what I getā€¦

Working on this atm with my Silversides line. Itā€™s definitely doable. One or two more generations the hermie trait will be gone.

8 Likes

haha well itā€™s definitely nice to see them express more potential this way but not so much fun come harvest and trim time!

Thanks! Just have to be careful not to get too baked before going up there haha. These have the potential to finish here, itā€™s just that our property is a bit unique compared to the surrounding area because itā€™s a bit lower elevation and right next to a creek so we will often get frost when no one else nearby does. Usually the really hard frost doesnā€™t hit us till late Nov so weā€™ll see.

hmmm sounds like you may need some testers to help answer this question :wink:

10 Likes

,I will happily pass out some seeds to someone that has some extra room for science, But I have to say I am pretty sure they will be hermaphhroditeā€¦ Old silver sides being the type of hermaphrodite you can breed with, but the South Indian is suspected pure hermie.
One thing I will add is that this south indian variety is extremely rare and not available. I only had one South Indian plant live from all the seeds I tried. (What I mean is I tried all my seedsā€¦ there werenā€™t more than 10ā€¦No reserves.)
One person claimed that this South Indian strain was the most potent pot he had ever smoked. Itā€™s known to be a narcotic, yet long flowering (secret) variety.
One of the reasons Iā€™ve suspected Indian influence in the particular Oaxaca plant photoā€™d above was the longer flowering time of 20 weeks, (still in the Oaxaca flowering time range, but at its maximum reported time)big buds, fuel type( Indian smells this way to me) smell( pine too) , and finally the heavier, more powerful high it has. Knocked me out every time I smoked it. Fried for fifteen minutes and then lights out. Similar to a ko Malawi pheno I had.

12 Likes

Greetings OGā€™rs.

Here below is a 25-day old, Oaxacan 2-litre root ball. My rookie opinion on these genetics, says things look just Fine, with Room to ramp things upā€¦

Iā€™m open to Comments / Opinions.
LST starts later This-Week !

Here is how the other side started; bag => pot

16 Likes

Up pot if you want it big. Outta likesā€¦

6 Likes

The Square Rig is next Bro; @Upstate
Iā€™m stoked

8 Likes

@Upstate @herbgreen Scents were similar to previous post up a ways on the pieces picked early, a kind of wintergreen.minty dank cantaloupe luxurious floral, feint spice. True Taste is hard to judge cause dry/cure takes time. Effectsā€¦wow I can see why this is some of Gerryā€™s favorite (from Colorado Sativas).

VERY VERSATILE MEDICINE!

Extremely strong stress mitigator at .5 range. Can assist with appetite.

Upping the quantity to 1G spliff we start swimming in a sea of potency where the fast maturing line really amplifies its qualities with a strong euphoric feel centered at the third eye - while the slower maturing line conferred similar feeling but also added a spiritual/trippy feeling where it was difficult to use technology - iykyk. For science, smoked a medium sized spliff(.7-.8) of the spiritual line right before a 15min dry sauna session @ 195Fā€™ and afterwards during cool dwn, i did notice shifting fractals in the ceiling.

EDIT: at the right quantity, the effects last long, as in 5 hours long - doesnā€™t appear to be a ceiling- but i have not yet gone beyond the x2 1G joint in one session threshold -

11 Likes

So you made a hybrid: Oaxaca x South Indian?
Iā€™m sure that they can produce stable females but you got to sow thousands to search it
What Indian super potent plant its that one?
From very old Shiv97 seeds?

6 Likes

I will try to post my oaxacans soon. The height on some of them is greater than last year
I definitely have some pearl stem phenos
One.of the g1 plants is dwarf with lots of bud sites

6 Likes

I knew there was a reason iā€™ve been having a tough time learning all this tech b sšŸ¤£
In all seriousness, the smoke sounds fantastic. When will she be completely finished, or have you harvested? What week were these buds at when picked?

6 Likes

Wowee nice pictures ,Central American landracesā€¦
Sure looks sweet handling @Upstateā€¦give Us a smell testerā€¦oldsilversides lol
BCO Colombian Black. Week 12 of flowering
@deeez99 nice skyscrapers , love those equatorial herbs youall. WTG BCO Colombian Black.
OVERGROW THE WORLD. ā€¦Peace

5 Likes