The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

haha, to be specific, technology as in smartphones / computers

Chopped already, saw a bit of mold and took that as nature’s sign that it wasn’t worth risking the rest- i would haveto guess somewhere around week ~12?

5 Likes

What is this PC Oaxaca? Sorry for my ignorance but it’s new to me and damn that’s a lot of flower on that plant. LOL

2 Likes

The purple one makes me think of old school cannabis brick weed before it got bricked… in a good way.

2 Likes

Punta Cometa Oaxacan? icon_e_confused|nullxnull

10 Likes

Holy crap @deeez99 ! Those plants are the stuff of dreams! :+1:

3 Likes

She’s likely to get huge in the new container. Growth is explosive in big containers weeks 6-10 or 12± of flowering unless you get a shorty.

3 Likes

You got it! SnowHigh 74 Punta Cometa Oaxaca. Reproduced by @Tejas for a Freakers Preservation. It looks great. Nice and chunky.

11 Likes

This one has been supposedly inbred for the last 15 years somewhere in Michoacán. She grows like a hybrid and adds nice color to the garden but I’m just hoping for a happy, giggly, feel good smoke. How was your old school purple brick?

Thanks @calman1955 and @MrGreenJeans

5 Likes

Ya trichs look done. About 12 weeks possibly considering when the plant went into flower. Chopping tomorrow. It’s not like they didn’t blow up. Really happy with the size of the buds

5 Likes

Wow those are some really tall girls wow!

2 Likes

Thank you @George !

3 Likes

This maybe your new favorite!

4 Likes

Any ideas what’s going on with my Oaxacan x red snake? Or is it normal for the old big fan leaves to yellow and die?

Here’s my oaxacan clone which is farther along in flower than the one inside. The mother inside has been flowering at least 4 wks longer without the pistil balls.

12 Likes

@420noob It’s normal for lower fans to yellow and fall early on with Oaxaca with low food amounts. I have tried extra nitrogen and it doesn’t seem to want it anyway.
The Oaxaca looks like a nicer yielding pheno. That one won’t stretch much more, I don’t think, So if it isn’t in its final container you could put it in there. About 6-8weeks left.
Sometimes in small containers Plants go through the water so fast they lose the lower leaves from drought stress

11 Likes

Yea if I go silent this fall it might be because I fell off the roof. I did have to fasten some twine to the fascia and wrap it around the top of the plants to secure them through the wind. I unfortunately didn’t get it all done in time and both the Kullu and Lambsbread snapped in half. Very sad.

Upstate beat me to it but yea the mother plant of that cross seems to have a self destruct mechanism that’s triggered during flowering regardless if I add additional nitrogen.

11 Likes

Nice plant big an healthy… @420noob , thanks for sharing…
@deeez99 we smoked , @Upstate Michoacán with a doctor in high school lol…
I’m a old farther that loves green whatever stoned again…
OVERGROW THE WORLD!!! Peace yall…

2 Likes

Cross posting my beautiful Oaxacan male before the chop.
I took some cuts, so maybe we’ll meet again.

He waited almost 8 weeks from 12/12 to show sex, but part of that was a stressful couple weeks in a 1 gallon pot. Even so, you gotta love a late male.

22 Likes

Thanks @deeez96 and @upstate that makes sense especially since I’d water in the morning then when got home around 3 almost bone dry. The Peshawar is starting to do it slightly glad it just the plant consuming itself and not really any faulty of mine. This time at least lol. They did seem to like the 1" of worm castings and this last time I watered out just a bit of epsom salt in as well.:crossed_fingers:. I’m still concerned that my Oaxacan clone is farther along than the mother and the mother has been in flower for 6 wks longer or so.🤷

So I think I want to put my Oaxacan outside to finish. I have one problem it’s use to light at night. If I keep her in dark for 24hrs then put outside in the morning should the plant be ok?

5 Likes

Yeah that’s a headscratcher. I still think you must have had some sort of light contamination you didn’t know about… It doesn’t seem possible otherwise.

Yes just double up the dark cycle and not the light cycle.

7 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Anyway to salvage them, duct tape?

5 Likes