The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Agreed 100%, I was just playing devil’s advocate to say open & free discussion can be a good thing

8 Likes

I totally agree with that. My comment wasn’t directed specifically at you but I do believe we need to be mindful of how different we all are. We all think and express ourselves differently and each comes with their own experiences.

10 Likes

That’s my old stomping ground!

3 Likes

I happy about your experience
I hope to share something interesting in future

8 Likes

A couple Chiapas Purple ( Pakistan I think)
Starting week 6 of flowering. The plants are pretty uniform as far as smells and resin goes. Great fruity smell, reminiscent of PCK genes from Ace seeds. I don’t know that there is any Mexican landrace genetics in these plants at all. I’m thinking it’s an old pure Paki strain, similar to @GREANDAL’s Zacatecas plants, only these have both pole and bush phenos, while the Zacatecas are uniformly branchy. (I bet they’d mix well)
The plants are keeping pace with the other longflowering Sativas I’m growing, pictured here at day 41 of flower. Since there are no obvious signs of Mexican influence and the plants are long flowering, it’s my take that these have been Chiapas acclimated for quite some time, possibly reaching heirloom status by now. PCK flowers around 8 weeks. These will go 12-14 best guess. Certainly should have some great mold resistance.
I’ve decided to make seeds if I can. Got two pollen containing tents recently and I’m itching to try
them out.

I think you may have quite a few interesting things to share in the future😁
@TexasTea’s Cryptic Labs Oaxaca. I just spilled some Uganda pollen on one of the cuttings. Should mix really well.

24 Likes

Just about done

I know, they look rough but they’re full of seed. LOL

20 Likes

The hell they do buddy. I think they’re looking Awfully nice. What kind of smells are you getting And how long have they been flowering?

9 Likes

Looking great with the Oaxacans! I just took another one down last weekend. I have four more in veg that I keep cutting back every week or two. They are like jungle vines!

I just put three of Deez’s Pearl Pheno Oaxacans into flower to force them to sex. These are supposed to be the same Cryptic line but the plants are quite compact so far.

7 Likes

Short plants can spawn tall ones and vice versa. These short phenos are bred into the line and pop up around 10% of the time even in the Oaxaca PS edition from Cryptic. They were more common in my original preservation.of regular Oaxaca, popping up 50 % of the time. I was worried about possible contamination so I helped the tall pheno males do more pollination than the single short pheno male I had, eliminating a % of them from the line, but not removing them entirely, at first. The Silversides line f3 is nearly or all tall phenos now.
It’s my theory these short plants represent a Lebanese introduction to the line long long ago. The high is great, but not quite as soaring as with the pearls. Flowering time is the same with all phenos. The best of the shorties flower 20 weeks.
I recommend larger containers for this pheno.

13 Likes

I just noticed one trait that is really different from what you’d expect to find in something Pakistani. Check out the length of those trichomes! Much, much longer after being grown in Mexico 75 years. In Pakistan the trichomes are short. Trying to pick up on any other subtle changes could help us in the future to establish a time-line for Northern strain acclimation to a tropical climate. What changes and after how long? :thinking:

17 Likes

Mangobiche ( expert seeds

Talking about thin leave examples, This little Mangobiche has turned into a fine plant.

I planted three seeds …and only one grew …fortunately it was female…
It wasn’t the greatest example…I flipped it at 40 days veg…and stuck her outside.

10 weeks in flower ding great

…supposed to be a 14-18 weeker ( we will see.
Still throwing pistils
P J

25 Likes

Punto rojo CBG f3 (red pheno) try to control height and simulate branching, tutoring it in a spiral.

That’s how the spiral began
115c72a1c94a36f3f62d98809c7f4da0b6994994_2_666x500

32 Likes

Still no information on historical strains from the area of El Salvador?

Seems like there’s a strain from every other central american nation.

5 Likes

The male used was a shorter pheno from @Upstate’s original repro and was solid indoors as well as revegged outdoors but it also flowered longer. Given enough veg time outdoors it did eventually get up to 6 feet tall at most in a 3.5 gal container which is about half the size of any other females I’ve grown so far. These definitely do better with longer veg times.

Great info on the shorties @Upstate

Below are the same seeds from that ps bx1 grown in same soil/lights/etc. and are on week 4.5 of flower with only 2.5 weeks of veg time. The left short one is just starting to show male but what a difference between the two. This was really just a test grow though.

@TexasTea I also have your Oaxacan flowering out now and she’s looking good so far. Will be pollinating some of the lower branches of course.

22 Likes

Those are looking fantastic!

3 Likes

I see Oaxaca everywhere I look😁. I had read somewhere that park davis spread mexican genetics throughout central america into columbia, And someone posted a link here that suggested acapulco gold is related to colombian gold. I don’t know if any of that is true but I see Oaxaca looking ( short pheno) plants in red snake and now mangobiche.
Mangobiche leaf first, then Texas tea Oaxaca leaf… the Oaxaca leaf is a little low on the plant , so it doesn’t have the seven leaflets and instead has five , but if it had gone another week or two in the veg cycle It would have gotten those two curved wings at the leaf base(7 leaflets )and would look exactly like your plant.

15 Likes

Re-post from Part One

P J

6 Likes

How do you train the spiral like that? Do you use a spiral shaped support? Look awesome!

2 Likes

@420noob I train them with a metal support that I bend in a spiral before placing, I use some aluminum profile or a thin tube, here I am restricting the height of a ukhrul that already reached my vertical cultivation edge.

As the days go by, it will be arranged in its new spiral arrangement.

15 Likes

115c72a1c94a36f3f62d98809c7f4da0b6994994_2_666x500
This is the punto rojo when I just wound it into the spiral

As you can see in the evolution, height was clearly controlled, branching and light exposure surface improved.

32 Likes