The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

So to do a quick sex check is it 2 days in dark or 2 days in flower? Thanks

That sounds really nice @rasterman! Makes me anxious to dip into mine once itā€™s cured a bit.

Looking forward to see how those Guatemalanā€™s grow @TexasTea. How old are those seeds and did you have any germination issues?

5 Likes

Hey @Motaco sheā€™s currently at 7.5 weeks flower and has a very fragrant sweet orange candy like smell, itā€™s very inviting. Flowers are pretty fluffy and airy so not sure if itā€™s just the current environment or if that is normal for her. The branches are starting to flop over so I can tell Iā€™ll have to do some staking when I grow her again outdoors. I did clip a branch a couple days ago and just letting it dry up a bit before sampling.

I did reverse one of the clones using STS and was able to get a little bit of pollen to dust this flowering one. I do see a few small seeds starting to form but they seem to be developing a little slower than what I usually observe. If Iā€™m able to get any seeds Iā€™m happy to send some back to you if you donā€™t mind fems.

15 Likes

What is AllStar Mexican? Sounds incredible!

1 Like

I grew one female this past fall and she was a beast. Nothing fussy about the grow either. Chopped her on Nov 6th. Iā€™ve only smoked it a couple times so far and although I had been mixing a little bit of alcohol as well it was a very happy feeling social kind of high.

During the cure it had a very pronounced fruity almost bubblegum like smell and right now breaking up some of the flowers it has a sweet candy like lemon smell with the fruit in the far background now. Already looking forward to growing it again to see what else is in there.

19 Likes

NICE plant.:ok_hand:

4 Likes

Hey thanks brother! I think the smells on this one would shine through even with the covid thing. I have some small clones growing right now and would be happy to share some snips once they are sized up a bit if interested. For anyone here actually, as long as thatā€™s cool with @Motaco .

10 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m very curious about the Guatemala too. These were about 7 year old seedsā€¦I put them directly in Solo cups on a heat pad and got 3 out of 4 to pop. Will make seeds if I canā€¦

6 Likes

:sunglasses:Incredible!!!

2 Likes

Goals nicely done

2 Likes

Well, I chopped it today. Iā€™ll jar them up for a couple of months for evaluation. I still have the clones.

3 Likes

@deeez99

Looking good bro. She does look a little wispy? I donā€™t know why. I am sure once you get her dialed in you can get her producing denser buds. Not that she is a huge yielderā€¦ but she produces a quick harvest with a decent yield of what at least I personally consider a good sativa high. I agree before moving her outside you will need to stake her. Always did have weak stems.

I just hope you like the smoke. I find it has pretty unique effects. Gets me high and not stoned. In particular a ā€œfloatyā€ feeling that I donā€™t get from modern varieties. I hope I donā€™t skew your smoke report with preconceived notions of what to expect, but I am curious if you get similar effects.

As for seeds, and cuttingsā€¦ spread them far and wide. I am an OG through and through. I donā€™t believe in hoarding, profiteering, etc. Free the seed and spread the weed.

@anon3323625 Som is the creator of AllStar Mexican. He is doing a preservation run of it now, that bafflingly has virtually no interest. It is bizarre how some threads just fall through the cracks

13 Likes

It is a line I made from Mexican brick weed in the late 80ā€™s and early 90ā€™s. I was doing pollen chucks of Mexican bag seed back then and this is the best line that came out of it. It isnā€™t as strong as modern weed but is still strong enough to be worth growing if you like the old school sativa buzz. I sent some f2s to Motaco a few years ago and he found a nice female which he then sent back to me. I am in the process of making a gazillion f3s with Motacoā€™s cut and a really sativa looking male I found and intend to send them out to whoever wants them.

23 Likes

The flower from this line often comes out really fluffy. It is from before modern ā€œnugā€ style weed. Even though it is a bit of a hybrid it is a late '80s early '90s hybrid so it has a lot of real sativa in it rather than modern ā€œsativaā€.

12 Likes

Screw the nug, old school is where itā€™s at! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

@YoBigdaddy ,s Nanan Bouclou

Six week veg + 6 week in flower.

Coming to the third phase another 5 or six weeks and be in the zone.
Another plant doing its own thingā€¦rapid veg growth the N B now on the steady course and throwing some nice bud.

P J

23 Likes

Beautiful job with those plants PJ! Do you leave the moisture meter in the pot?

6 Likes

Hmmm!

Thatā€™s a hard one ā€¦LOL

Iā€™m always moving it around checking other plantsā€¦but ye I leave it in sometime. ( same as dipping your wick LOL

Seriously I prefer the yellow one I have ā€¦as Iā€™m only using that white occasionally as itā€™s a pretty crappy Chinese one.

When the plants are well in flower ā€¦just lifting them gives you a better judgement.

Take care

P J

13 Likes

Excellent job PJ those plants look great happy and healthy thatā€™s what I say

6 Likes

Thanks.

Ye no problem they are plants very uniformā€¦as you said these could be grown Sea of green etc in a tent ā€¦and with the rapid veg ā€¦you could flip earlierā€¦

Got to say smashing job you have doneā€¦should be well proud.

Look at the erect pistils gagging for pollenā€¦but not this time LOL

Thanks again

P J

14 Likes