The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

It depends on how long you store it, I guess.

2 Likes

It comes down to this really. Storage. If itā€™s being used within a couple/ few weeks, I do nothing but leave it in waxpaper and each week collect more pollen in new waxpaper as long as the weather is good. If one collection goes bad and clumps, the next is still good. If itā€™s rainy out I have to add dry rice into the waxpaper to help it last longer. A week or two and itā€™s clumpy under these conditions without it. In this case I completely fold the waxpaper. No open end for air.

5 Likes

I ended up here again and Iā€™m really salivating over the #2 mom picture you posted. I bet she smells awesome.

And btw, I got 100% germination in her children. Iā€™ll post some next in a day or two.

3 Likes

I realize I never followed up on this :joy: So the smell and taste of it is reall trippy, to the point that it doesnā€™t feel like smoking weed. The smell in the jar is very very mild, but what smell is there is like nothing Iā€™ve smelled before. My friends describe it as ā€œtree-likeā€, some sort of tropical or herby tree essential oil type of smell, light and gentle on the nose. One said ā€œalpineā€ but the other didnā€™t agree, not sure I do either. Iā€™ve heard people describe colombian as ā€œsoapyā€ before and I think that description fits to a T. After mentioning soapy my friends agreed it fit the bill, but it wasnā€™t the first thought that came to their minds.

Itā€™s total stealth weed. Smell is super mild, doesnā€™t smell like weed, tastes like tobacco when you smoke it, leftover roaches smell more like leftover cigs than they do joints, the smoke in the air doesnā€™t smell like normal weedā€¦someone should cross this with ABC or freakshow imo, make the ultimate stealth crop

6 Likes

:laughing: :grin: :sweat_smile: :joy: :rofl: :smile: :grin:

5 Likes

Thanks a lot chongo for that reportā€¦ :sunglasses:very nice!

2 Likes

Lets see if I can get this right.
Far left in .75gal is Oaxacan I made.
The next 2(front and back) are smcg went from 1 finger to 5 no 3.
Next 2 are Nanan
Next back is nanan front is bshw
Next back Oaxacan sop front smcg(totally different than other 2)
Next back Oaxacan sop front Punto como Oaxacan 74ā€™

17 Likes

Nice to sow your own seeds eh? You mentioned you were hoping to dust some autos with Oaxacan pollen? Iā€™m trying out autoC99 x Punto Rojo and UEL x OHz. What are your autos?

6 Likes

Right now I have ak-47 hubbabubbasmelloscope
Durban poison
Malawi gold x Northern lights
Gg#4
Devilā€™s food cake
Mbapbf
Ultimate auto
Maybe a couple more I canā€™t remember off hand but have 40+ strains of autos so plenty of selection. Was thinking ultimate auto though for yield or amnesia Haze to keep to sativa dom.

5 Likes

Nice play list.

Good luck

P J

ā€œGrowing hemp as nature designed it is vital to our urgent need to reduce greenhouse gases and ensure the survival of our planet.ā€ ā€”Jack Herer

3 Likes

A full grown cannabis plant produces as much O2 and uses as much CO2 as a full grown tree. When we compost our stalks, the CO2 is slowly released back into the atmosphere. However, when we build houses with it using Hempcrete, this CO2 is permanently taken out of the atmosphere and bound up as a home. Fixing any excess CO2 in the atmosphere is really as simple as replacing all concrete with Hempcrete. Itā€™s stronger and lighter than concrete, and concrete produces a LB of co2 as it cures for every pound of concrete you pour. Hempcrete binds up that same amount, removing it permanently from the atmosphere.

12 Likes

I got some cut from another member here and I managed to get a Vietnam Black to root. Sheā€™s growing nicely.

28 Likes

If anyoneā€™s willing to send me something from Mexico Iā€™d love to add it to my starter collection also my neighbor is from there and Iā€™d love to surprise him with something from his country to grow this season.

4 Likes

If youā€™ll post pictures, I might share a secret hybrid with youā€¦to get a look at them @Sintax

5 Likes

Very nice. Great structure.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a camera whore lol, been taking pictures daily of babyā€™s. Iā€™m pretty stacked up for next 3 months but Iā€™ll be starting a new run then. Legal limits 12 here, my neighbor only did 4 last year and I think he will do more now that Iā€™m maxing out. Heā€™s got today off was hoping to catch him and give him my list, if I can get something from sinola or Mexico. Iā€™ll pop it in the tent and give it to him once itā€™s ready for outside.

4 Likes

Search sintax seed to harvest. Tons of pics.

This is something Iā€™m passionate about. Iā€™m trying to build a compostable surfboard. Hemp hurd base infused with mycelium to replace the typical styrofoam blanks, hemp woven cloth to replace the traditional fiberglass, but Iā€™m having trouble figuring out and deciding how to approach lamination. Finding a suitable replacement for the typical petroleum based resins is the challenge I am presented. There are truly so many uses for this plant and I am sure itā€™s utility beyond just itā€™s medicinal and recreational attributes are why it has been with humans across mellenia. Itā€™s great to see these things being discussed.

I have a dream to grow hemp on land in which a home is built from itā€™s processed stalks. Combining our modern knowledge with these things can be incredible. I am sure of it. Many blessings and much love

3 Likes

A very interesting article.

P J

3 Likes

Is there any tree saps or the like that can be somehow heated and set to cure or make a sugar based sealer? Not sure how to get so doesnā€™t dissolve in water. Idk I love the idea.
@panamajock I see you subscribe to some of the same weekly info reports or to make sound not as exciting newsletter
:rofl:. I do love that site for their plant diagnosis sections.

3 Likes