The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

I just reread your question…the #6 plant was the tallest of the run. I think it took a week or two longer to ripen, and the seeds were smaller. The #2 plant had huge seeds.

For my current grow I used seed from the #2 plant as mom and dusted with my Punta Cometa male. Progeny reminds me of the mom in aroma and habit so these traits seem to transfer pretty well.

5 Likes

I mention them because that’s what you sent. Also a red snake x roja I think.

5 Likes

Oaxaca update: The Silversides pheno is coming close to 7 feet tall now and the others are starting to really stretch. I’ve up potted one of the shorter ones into a 5 gallon fabric pot to make sure she stays happy…and to fill up my jars with as much as I can. I think I’m gonna pollinate some of the lower branches of all my girls with the pollen from the one lone male I got. Probably gonna do that tomorrow.

The one on the right on the shelf is the one that got up potted yesterday.

Here is the shorter pheno in the Earthbox coming along just great.

This girl was the runt of the bunch when these got started way back in December.

And here is a close up of the one that got moved into a fabric bag.

Here is a close up of the pearl stem Old Silversides pheno.

Just another Oaxaca.

And here is the Oaxaca in the fabric pot moved to another part of the garden so I can keep an eye on her.

All is going great over here. The male I’ve kept a cutting of but it seems to just wanna keep flowering regardless of the light schedule. I may have to just let him flower out once more, collect the pollen and let him die. Does this sound about right for how the males go for this strain @Upstate?

24 Likes

That’s actually a trick I use. I’ll flower out male plants in my room with my Other plants until they get close to dumping pollen, and then they go outdoors somewhere or in a window with the longer light cycle we have ( 14 -16 hrs). They will keep on flowering for at least a few more weeks and then they will start to reveg finally.
Looking great buddy! Looks like only the one Silversides, but all of them are daughters from her and all of them are great. Definitely if you see a small one at this point put it in a large container and it will give you an excellent yield.

14 Likes

Red Snake …latest … @deeez99

Big Red Snake …seems to have stopped stretching ( phew)

60 days from the flip…

Turning into a real sexy senorita (must be the raspadura!) LOL

P J

22 Likes

Whaa…there looking great…doing a grand job there…and a nice clean yard…

Ye well done…old silverside gets around…

Regards

P J

7 Likes

You’ve done a great job with that señorita… Jessica|nullxnull tounge_smile|nullxnull

9 Likes

Humble, your Oaxacan look great!

8 Likes

Looking fantastic bud!

6 Likes

Raspadura keeping that red snake happy :joy: looking good!

5 Likes

Looking nice! That could be similar to my #1 female which was a bit taller than the other ladies and flowered longer too. Which sounds exactly like @TexasTea 's #6 which is where this seed stock originally came from so big props to him for sharing!

My #1 female from last year untopped (was my favorite)

8 Likes

I get that …I’m glad I got headroom…I love to see plants go natural…but understand some of our strains are not for everyone…

Well thanks to T T …I’m partial to red snake…been a great grow so far.

Show you little Red Snake soon .LOL

P J

8 Likes

sí, estoy feliz.
… la necesidad de las latinas de ser domesticadas. :laughing:
Mirar amigo mas guienos.

Yipee!

14 Likes

Oh man, she is looking nice! The citrus, floral and honeysuckle aromas will come shortly I bet. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Those bananas must taste like heaven compared to what garbage they sell in they states!
Beautiful flowers everyone I’m dropping my first long flowers in couple weeks and these pics get me more and more excited! Oaxacan awaits the noob

7 Likes

I just realized that the calyxes on the OSS are ripe. I pick and smoke them for an early taste, and keep doing so as those single calyxes mature. You should get a couple bowls full😁
@Panamajock nice looking red snakes. Well done.
What’s that alien dangling from the bananas? I’ve never heard the term " hung like a banana" but it seems fitting lol. Looks like an Alien weaner​:rofl::sweat_smile::joy::rofl:

7 Likes

It’s a weird kinda alien Butt plug.

L0L

P J

13 Likes

If Giger did fruit :banana:

9 Likes

Where’s @Heliosphear when you need some great CG LOL.

5 Likes

@Panamajock is that the flower? Male flower?

3 Likes