The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

H R Giger …interfacing with machines made easy.
you got some great taste in art…William Blake etc… Lol

Here’s another for you .

We got a great artist in Scotland at the moment.

Peter Howson…he maybe up your street.

Most famous for his painting of the crucifixion of Saint Andrew ( the patron saint of Scotland…and Bizarrely a portrait of David Bowie.

https://www.artnet.com/artists/peter-howson/

IMG_2764

7 Likes

Thanks man! I’m loving growing this one.

Thanks brother! Thats actually the back of my garage. I don’t want anyone bumping into them which is why I have them all alone back there.
You’re Redsnake looks a lot like the Old Silversides pheno! Nice job backtacha friend!

Thanks @Tejas and @Elpolloloco! This has been the most exciting grow cycle of my life!

Say no more! I just went outside to cut down a small branch for a sampling. Trimmed it down and MAN this girl is sticky! Gummed up my scissors with just a teeny tiny branch. Probably gonna be a bitch to trim when the whole thing comes down. Smells SO much like a juniper branch when trimmed. So piney, I can’t wait for this little batch to dry so I sample her.

LOL. I see them on almost all banana trees out here. Really does look like a monstrous butt plug from the movie Aliens!

6 Likes

@deeez99

Little Red Snake

A Wishbone clone from little red snake…( taken at the flip) I’m sure if I hadn’t cloned…she would have been the same size as Big Red Snake.

P J

12 Likes

I forgot to add these two of little Red snake

fotos to my post…

Sos

P J

13 Likes

Nice! Are you using Little Red Snake for making some seeds perhaps?

3 Likes

No I missed the window with Desfran…but I would like to do something with it in the future…will clone again…I love the snakes…and Cobras are around LOL

P J

4 Likes

Hi everyone, I was directed here to post my Oaxaca, @Upstate is guiding me through my first long flowering strain. I have a couple more waiting to grow after this one.

18 Likes

Welcome aboard

You be in good hands here.

Plants looking well

P J

6 Likes

Thanks, this was the only girl out of four, I’ll try Acapulco gold next, thanks @lambchopedd. Hope yer doing well, haven’t seen you on OG in a while.

12 Likes

@Tejas Punta Cometa

Hi amigo

I’m sorry I haven’t updated for a few weeks …but I e had some issues with the two plants

The youngest one…a couple of weeks ago started seeding up…I had found a spent male flower and a unspent one …after that I quarantined it and n the bodega.but the amount of seed forming rapidly,made me cull it. I managed to salvage some top colas as the seeding had started at the lower branches and rapidly moved up…so got a wee bit smoke.

And to cut a long story short the same thing happened to big sister past few days…she has been separated.

Now the red snake male was moved inside as soon as it showed signs of male.
Maybe a bit of pollen hung around and done the business
Maybe it pollinated it’s self
Maybe the stress of the really hot weather we had past weeks
Maybe someone in the area is growing weed and pollen escaped

I don’t know and I won’t speculate…just put it down to experience, I’m a bit gutted …as they were fine plants…and I looked forward to smoking the golf sized buds LoL

Growing weed isn’t easy no matter how experienced you are, but it’s a learning curve.

Ps. @deezer ever since I discovered the flower and seeds …I been spraying down the greenhouse and misting the RS buds twice a day …just in case …but at nearly ten weeks it looks free so far.

I’ve added some pics …Thanks again Tejas

10 Likes

Upstate’s Oaxaca x Chocolate Rain…

I won these on the Xmas photo comp …from @Papalag
21 days from germ.

Below is his description

The Oaxaca is from upstate’s preservation run

The chocolate rain f2 was repoed by islayharts from Escobar original chocolate rain

The Oaxacana can go 13 to 16 weeks
And the chocolate rain took 10 ish almost 11

P J

16 Likes

I’m happy to see them grow

Enjoy

9 Likes

Hmmm. Had any rain since the pollen source was removed from the area, assuming it wasn’t a hermie flower?
Next time my friend, step one is let us all know. Maybe we can help… I know the gut instinct when something like that happens is to start killing plants, but it’s not always necessary. Some hermie flowers are a one and done type thing. Just a couple, then nothing more.
Where was the male flower? On the Punta Cometa?

5 Likes

Ye buckets for two hours every afternoon…as we move into wet season.

The only plant I’ve grown that seeded like that …was the Acapulco gold…I think it was #3 …out of three plants that one went crazy

To be honest I’ve only seen a few hermies…we had two out of 11 with the DPR…but didn’t seed as rapid as the Poc.

Ye bit of a mystery

P J

5 Likes

So it wasn’t your male that did it then. That pollen was dead or immobile…from the rain.
So it was a hermie or another grower then.
Where were those spent flowers?
Lots of seed?

Damn, some sneaky bastard got with the girls. Well, you know the saying, third time is the charm! :grin:

4 Likes

As I said…you win some you you lose some.

I don’t have a problem…and it was a good grow,

Thanks for the seeds…let’s call the inquest off. @Upstate
Or I’m going to use the 5th amendment.
.these things happen

Kind regards

P J

7 Likes

Lol. Fair enough. Next time buddy.

1 Like

Anyone try these Oldsog / Mother’s’Finest Oaxaca IBL ?

Are they out of recent find or old seeds…?

3 Likes

Too fast for a pure Oaxacan. I’m sure it’s good, though I’d consider a different source if looking for the real deal

3 Likes