The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Aha! That’s what I was wondering. Ready to watch this.

I like your amendments, all but the yardbird scat being slow to release.

Doing a journal?

5 Likes

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Using BBP i find I need to keep nitrogen going as they get hungry, so since I’ve been topping with :chicken: :poop: they’ve complained less :rofl:

5 Likes

Also a joke in here somewhere.

Gro-Jalisco!

6 Likes

Yes. It’ll be a part of my main indoor growing journal and I plan on making update on this thread here and then (much like in the style of @Foreigner with the Baha LR he’s growing).

I could make a new thread but already have enough difficulty juggling the ones I currently have going so if all is well and I end up with a fuck-tonne of beans I’ll make a wiki page!

One can always dream eh?

10 Likes

Don’t mention her she’s currently being abused.

I hear you. Sometimes I think of about starting new grow threads and then I have a good laugh at myself and say “good one, Foreigner.”

:joy:

5 Likes

For me it’s:

1 for indoors (👨🏽‍🌾 Farmer Pigeonman (OR): How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Indoor Growing)

1 for outdoors (🕊 - Outdoor Growing Adventures With Your Friendly Neighbourhood Pigeonman - 2021/2022)

1 for chatting about Ancient aliens style topics (Lost Civilizations: Before the known)

and 1 for all of us to appreciate what we have been gifted (Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread (**The Grow Show**))

I have my priorities :rofl:

7 Likes

:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

6 Likes

No worries ! You got this !

Would appreciate leaving a few seeded girls BBP untreated after the second week of flower…should be very demonstrable difference, and I can’t imagine your treated seed would turn out any different than JPS’s !

Looking forward to it !

3 Likes

Done! Now here’s hoping for 2-3 vigourous males an as many females as possible. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Those definitely have enough holes in them . Interesting to see how they perform in those cups.

3 Likes

@ShiskaberrySavior the speedcups have done great jobs in solocup competitions but you need daily watering lol.

So far all my 2-3 week seedlings that grow first on these get really happy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Here’s a couple of MDS flower pics from this morning:

And one of the Oaxaca

And the other Oaxaca

A few years ago, i grew a Maui Wowie Cherry Bomb, which is theoretically half Oaxaca, and it didn’t start flowering until the 2nd week of September but it finished by the end of October.

At this rate, all three of these Mexican beauties should be done by the end of October :crossed_fingers:

23 Likes

Well, those Oaxaca are bomb proof. I finally got two moved into 7 gallon pots that can go inside later on. I was ill most of July and could never get things up potted. So, 3 are still in 2 gal pots and stuck in time as far as size. The others are still short, too. The 3, I can’t get a sex on them. Two showed female and moved up. One is a Christmas tree shape and one is a bush in the making, although a little dwarfed. They really haven’t started to flower and most everything else outside has started. I did get a late start on them, but they’ll be easier to take care of when they come inside. Pics are not the greatest.

29 Likes

Lumbo Red was a lowland variety that is pretty narcotic.
Punto Roja is from elevation and has a clear-headed high.

I consider Lumbo Red closer to Panama Red than PR.

Lower elevation stays warmer at night, has more and more consistent humidity, and a far different angle of light than higher altitude.

5 Likes

Nice looking plants you got there! They should be going into flower over the next two weeks where you are I should think.
The Silversides plant I have going now looked just like the pine tree shaped one you have going now in early July. Nice seeing some more larger plants growing out. I’m curious how big the big bud phenotype will get when grown in a large container or in the ground.

3 Likes

Any guesses?
Oh shit I gave away the answer LOL. That’s an Afghan bud from Balkh, North Afghanistan. Sativa phenotype . Looks like Oaxaca Old Silversides type pictured at the bottom. Crazy how plants will come up with the same solutions to the same problems, In this case the dry climate/ high elevation.

18 Likes

Red Snake F2 buddin day 20 no seeds on board yet.
Got that floppy top leaf set thing going on tho

17 Likes

Did a germination test on my Oaxacana seeds

24 hours in water
24 hours in a wet paper towel

19 Likes

You think the plant’s telling you the tap root has hit the wall of the container and begun to spin? What’s the floppy top leaf thing? A trait you recognize?

1 Like

Hell yeah! Very good rates so quick from gathering them. A month or two in a dish and they will be Prime.

3 Likes