The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Your plant is now emphasizing why I’m going 2 weeks and 24/0 then 12/12 until the end with the Jalisco’s!

:open_mouth:

4 Likes

“Sir, it happened again!” :joy:

I may have been drunk and on drugs but sometimes things just happen.

6 Likes

Holy Shizzle! Look at those puffy white clouds😁. Looks like you’ll be getting a harvest after all… Looking good! Looks like you did get one of the “short” phenos. Those buds should tighten up nicely for you.
@Papalag I’m guessing that’s one of the main stem calyxes? I usually pull them off and smoke them when they are ripe. The fastest Oaxaca Plant I have seen Went 13 weeks. I still haven’t checked to see when I picked miss ridiculous but she might have gone 12 weeks and if that is right it would be the fastest one found so far. If you give us a full plant photo I could probably tell you how many weeks it will flower. Yours could go a little quicker due to the long vegetation you gave them.
I like to harvest when the trichomes go from clear to cloudy in general… But I wait until the flowering slows down. Basically the 1st parts of the plant that flower will be beyond ripe as the last flowers are just getting ripe enough to pick. New flowers take between 2 and 3 weeks to ripen. Pick the plant when you are losing more than you are gaining.

11 Likes

Thanks :grin:, they say pregnant ladies are sexy :eyes:, powerful genetics you gave me, watching that appeal after all my failures. Now the ladies are zz|nullxnull, will post tonight pics of your Coyote … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes

@George1961 I can’t wait to see pictures my friend. Your silence has had me worried lol. To my knowledge you are the 1st person growing any of my personal genetics. I just hope you get a keeper😁

6 Likes

This is the Oaxaca plant that got flattened by the thunderstorm 2 or 3 weeks ago. That new flush of flowers is just now maturing. Should make an interesting mix of old and new flowers. @crunkyeah here’s a plant that finishes in stages. The most difficult to judge ripeness in my opinion

19 Likes

@Upstate hi bro here are individuals shots
You where going to let me know what your thoughts on finishing times

And a load of seeds

Plant A

B

C. 3 gallon fabric bag and mainlined

D seeded mom

E

Seeds harvest

25 Likes

Well that is something. Looks great :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

She’s pretty!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :confused: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

So many pearls, are you a pirate? :smile:

4 Likes

Is MDS considered a heirloom? :grinning:

She’s an earlier bloomer than the Oaxaca :grinning:

14 Likes

Freaking beautiful @Papalag !

3 Likes

You got some crazy string of pearls plants there! The one thicker mainlined plant looks like a good yielder for this type. All calyxes/ no stems type. My favorite. They smoke really good and the best of them pack a good punch. What’s the nose? Get any fruity ones? Some of these finish in 13 weeks but will keep going 16+ if you let them.
Any have stalk resin? Those are the best imo. Around 16 weeks with one quicker 12/13 week plant found so far.
Your plants timeline is tough to call. Did you say they are thoroughly seeded and at day 65? The seeds can be very small and still be black and finished. I’d scratch a seed shell and see what color is beneath.

5 Likes

I didn’t want to get too excited until I was sure…BUT…
Old Silversides has returned😁. This is one of the S1 seed. I forgot I gave my cousin a few of those until he reminded me. Looks like just your average Oaxaca plant when it was younger. Nothing special looking about it, and rather slow growing. And then it gets flipped to flower and all hell breaks loose. Meet the Oaxactopus.

14 Likes

More Pine to almost a cleaning fluid type of a smell with my nose don’t work so good

Plant E and plant B both have resin
at the stem[quote=“Upstate, post:3713, topic:40663”]
Did you say they are thoroughly seeded and at day 65?
[/quote]

Sorry my mistake there is a few stray seeds on one plant

4 Likes

I think @lambchopedd will know the ingredients. Its a Hybrid of 2 Mexican landraces/ heirlooms i think.
@Papalag no stem resin on plant C? Even on the bud stems? Surprising. Still looks like a good one. Definitely take weekly photos. These flower so slowly it will help you see the progress when you look back. Pheno A is the one I’m eliminating from this Oaxaca line, due to poor yield. Still smokes good, just not much of it to smoke.

4 Likes

If I remember correctly it’s Guerrero x Michoacan, originally bred by Jim Ortega (gifted to Bodhi). It’s said that he bred it using his favorite Mexicans from each line.

I’d consider it a heirloom because Jim stays in the shadows, and it was bred in >1980s :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Sounds like it qualifies for heirloom status. Isn’t it 25 years for an heirloom? Or is it 50? I know for cars they become Classics after 25 years

5 Likes

There’s both a hybrid joke and an emissions test joke in here somewhere.

But I’d say that’s long enough to qualify :love_you_gesture:

8 Likes

Reminds me of a Willy Pete burst. :boom: :fire:

3 Likes