The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Nice looking plants you got there! They should be going into flower over the next two weeks where you are I should think.
The Silversides plant I have going now looked just like the pine tree shaped one you have going now in early July. Nice seeing some more larger plants growing out. I’m curious how big the big bud phenotype will get when grown in a large container or in the ground.

3 Likes

Any guesses?
Oh shit I gave away the answer LOL. That’s an Afghan bud from Balkh, North Afghanistan. Sativa phenotype . Looks like Oaxaca Old Silversides type pictured at the bottom. Crazy how plants will come up with the same solutions to the same problems, In this case the dry climate/ high elevation.

18 Likes

Red Snake F2 buddin day 20 no seeds on board yet.
Got that floppy top leaf set thing going on tho

17 Likes

Did a germination test on my Oaxacana seeds

24 hours in water
24 hours in a wet paper towel

19 Likes

You think the plant’s telling you the tap root has hit the wall of the container and begun to spin? What’s the floppy top leaf thing? A trait you recognize?

1 Like

Hell yeah! Very good rates so quick from gathering them. A month or two in a dish and they will be Prime.

3 Likes

I up potted this plant thinking the exact same thing about 10 days ago. Was thinking the roots had ahold of a clay ball or they were circling the pot. Nope this plant has the top flopped all the time. I notice this in some plants. May be the genetics being a tropical type the top of the plant is always ready to funnel the flash rain away. Not sure. I notice some stinkier plants have this stance. The ones that look and smell like flies should be circling it. More than likely some sort of error in my growing probably tho.

6 Likes

Totally unrelated but I had a cow eat one of my plants today.

11 Likes

He must be a happy camper. Hopefully you will still be ok I know how tough it is to lose a little green friend to nature.

Old Silver Thai x Norcal Purple Haze (The nature farm)
Looking good just got rid of thrips i
Got from bag soil from the grow shop. Always sterilize that literal crap.

I see the OST in the leaf tips. No visible blue sunshine seeds on board well
See what develops. Only day 21 of flower.

17 Likes

Hey thanks.

I should clarify. By “mine” I mean seeds I gifted at the beginning of the season. I’m possessive I guess.

More funny than anything. It was male and one of many so no big deal. “You ever get a cow high, man?”

:joy:

5 Likes

Ha ha no I have not but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night !! Happy growing buddy! Keep them cows out!

3 Likes

oooooooh them sexy leaflets are driving hella wood, OG.

Not some master grower here… nor do I know what you got going on under the hood so disregard

They are lovely tho

6 Likes

take a RIP for the loss.

No worries… I’m sure that cow will get what’s coming to her… apologies to any vegans out there but she asked for it

9 Likes

What up @ciganomarola ? Long time no see!

3 Likes

This plant its from one of the strains that grows near Popocatépetl Vulcano.
It grows by itself after months of dry wheater and no water at all. My ex-wife harvested the seeds the past year and some fall into the pots . She told me about another plant months ago that just grow by itself and now again another tough plant arise from the nothing …really this variety is a real evil weed

25 Likes

Does it attack you when you try to chop it? What exact brand of evil are we dealing with here…?

5 Likes

Makes sense being by a volcano it’s heat and drought resistant. :volcano: :dash:

5 Likes

Great soil I would think

4 Likes

Oh yeah. Ideal.

4 Likes

Jalisco :mexico: Landrace

:metal:

18 Likes