The dumbest growing advice you've ever heard? [misinformation inside]

Hahahaha!! Totally forgot about this!!

3 Likes

I love growing and plants in general but obviously not as much as you do :rofl:

1 Like

It apparently tastes very salty as well according to @Esrgood4u.

2 Likes

How about the worst advise I ever gave…well kinda lol

I was telling my uncle years ago about how i read in Canada about people flipping plants outdoor with trash bags to flower early…it was not mentioned with any hope of him using it and was just passing conversation while checking out his crop…a week later my uncle calls all upset his 4 plants were dead I asked what happened he said I put the trash bags on them and they died well UNC it’s 90 something degrees outside it’s June In Missouri

10 Likes

Ah ha! A new place for me to get on my soap box! :wink:

Ok, Im on a campaign to eliminate the use of Grams/Watt. G/W is a 100% useless, meaningless metric that tells you absolutely nothing of value. It is 100% stoner science.

It started out as a way to compare lights - HPS, vrs LED etc, but even for that its useless as far as Im concerned.

I personally think Grams / day is far more useful and meaningful metric. How many grams did you net over the course of the entire grow? Divide that number by how many days. What light you use and how bright it is has nothing to do with it.

Ok, Im done and I feel better now :wink:

5 Likes

Grams per day also works for production per plant outdoors!

3 Likes

My favorite chock-fulla-bullshit-okie-science that hear all the time is. "Yeah man, the last 4 weeks of flower I only feed {insert you favorite alcohol here} Southern Comfort.

Where do they come up with this shit?

2 Likes

The old timers that taught me how to grow used to grow fields and would go out in the middle of summer with broom handles and beat all the plants down to make them stronger haha, they also didnt trim or let the plants go past september

2 Likes

But it tells me nothing about cost per gram. Isnt that really what we want to know?

I would propose g/kWh/m³ as the complete metric, but would accept g/kWh too.

4 Likes

Sometimes I put my buds in a big paper bag to let em get slightly crispy… But placing the bag on the roof??

What in the hell is that all about?? :laughing:

1 Like

It’s funny that people don’t remember much from Biology classes from school. I’ve heard 10 year olds schooling their parents on why not to pour bleach in to the garden pond to clean it for the fish and frogs.

4 Likes

Dumbest I herd is to let yer soil get totally dry b4 waterin. Xtra dumb. Specially fer organix.

3 Likes

I sometimes use paper bags as well,
The roof thing, idk,

1 Like

When you harvest, boil your roots, makes more THC production.

4 Likes

The formula was grams per watts per 30 days of flowering the old standard was .5 grams per watt per 30 days it was more of way to monitor for problems it however never took into fact the difference in strain production

Dumbest I heard was “go to RIU for advice”.

14 Likes

Roflmao that’s a good one @cogitech and it takes the cake!

3 Likes

Any value in semen as a an added nutrient? Asking for a friend. Should it be foliar applied or just to the dirt?

12 Likes

It only works for females

15 Likes

LOL!!! Killing me!

6 Likes