Mango's Fruit Bowl (grow journal/log)

Hey yall I’m Mango,
Gonna be working on my next run. I had my son and daughter pick a few random beans I was gifted by very generous OGs here, I will get to adding tags shortly once things get underway. I had/have a hard time deciding so I figured I would let them do it for me. So far, they’ve chosen…

Caribbean crashers @NugLifeFarms420
Blue Bastard F2 @ciganomarola
[Dosi-dos x Purple Punch] x Jack Herer @Maddawg
Ice Cream Cake #98 f2 @Hashton_Kusha
All regular/photo

More to be picked by the kids and decided shortly.

Here are the Ice Cream Cake #98 [left and right]
And a Feminized Ketosis [apple fritter x mendobreath] bean I had [middle]

34 Likes

15 Likes

Here are the other beans waiting to break free
CC, BB, and the (DDxPP)xJH

14 Likes

Ok so one of the ICC98 didn’t have the will to live. She looked like she was going to be ok, but today I saw she was nearly lifeless. So, we’re back down to 1 of each currently. The other ICC98 and Ketosis are trucking along.
The little thing above them to the left is a tiny humidifier I just found this past weekend at a yard sale brand new still in the box and in the plastic for $1. A full water tank lets it run for about 3 to 4 hours but it’s perfect for my little Seedling area.

Here’s the ICC98 and Ketosis

10 Likes

Here’s the CC, BB, and DDxPPxJH
The CC and DDxPPxJH have opened with small white tails, nothing on the BB yet.

Edit: it’s been 5hrs since I last checked. The BB has cracked and has a tiny bit of tail sticking out. Yay

8 Likes

Impressed on your seed cracking game.
The Purple Punch Dosi beans have a rally hard shell and seem to need a little extra love to get popped.

You know I will be watching your grow.

Happy growing :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Yea I noticed that the seeds were really thick shelled, even my youngest daughter said “dad these look different than the rest, they must be wearing a coat”
Lol shes a funny one, she must’ve picked a winner because it went into the moist paper towel dvd/game case late Sunday night with the others. It cracked in about +/-12hrs, and had the small tail in under 24hrs. Thank you again!

7 Likes

Right on @Illicitmango I will definitely be tagging along.

Just a heads up, the Blueberry Bastard f2s are reg seeds so there is a 50/50 chance for m/f.

2 Likes

Appreciate the heads up. I believe everything I’m running currently is reg/photo except the Ketosis.
Excited to see how everything develops :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Damn, all my pops did was yell at me that “Get those out of here! Those ARENT Japanese Maples! Do you remember where I was BORN?” (he was born in Colombia) Well, he did a lot more (good stuff!) than that, but didn’t like cannabis

Nice selections there! should be an interesting one to watch…

4 Likes

LET’S GOOOO!!! I’m here 4 the grow show bro :call_me_hand:t6::call_me_hand:t6::call_me_hand:t6:

3 Likes

The other beans will be going into soil within the next couple days.

7 Likes

Japanese Maples :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

That’s funny, because even my youngest daughter sees the similarities in looks between the cannabis leaf and Japanese Maple leaf.

2 Likes

hey, its all I could think of on the spot that looked remotely close. This was dead of winter in a crawl space though. :roll_eyes:

Cleome looks very similar too, until it flowers (so, perhaps a good cover plant outdoors?)

3 Likes

Yeah it would help in not getting busted by pops

3 Likes

Right on, OG! Same here.

Oh man… Had a similar experience once.

Old man caught me with some fluorescents & little pots with some tomato tags I had snatched from the Home Depot in my closet when I was like 13.

Looks at them, looks at me, looks back at them and says (in portuguese) “Tomate o caralho!” (Tomatoes my dick!), “tira essa porra daqui!” (get that shit outta here!)

4 Likes

Oh man, thats totally the parallel story! And ya gotta laugh. The stupidity of youth, for us to believe our parents would believe us. WHY on EARTH do you have japanese maples, or tomatoes, growing in hiding? ROFL… yeah, they saw right thru that!

3 Likes

Right?

I didn’t even tell him it was tomatoes, tho… when he asked why I had lights in the closet, I actually said it was a “science project for school” thinking he would just leave it be; but yeah… nah lol

@Illicitmango I am sending mucho positive vibes. You looking to cross anything or just find some mommas?

3 Likes

A little bit of both lol, decent mommas for sure as the priority, it would be nice for them all to be female although highly unlikely so I’m not opposed to making some crosses. Just got to see what ends up being female and what ends up being male and go from there.

At the very least I need to produce enough bud so I have something to keep smoking to get me through until my next Harvest, and I’m really being pulled into the idea of making seeds so I have something to give back and offer to the community and especially to all you guys who have been very generous, not only to me, but everybody here at OG.

3 Likes