The Grow Journal of TrichomesToStun

Good evening, folks!

Not much to report on except for that I started the flower of my PawPaw male. I’ve been saving him from the beginning. I really had hoped it was female. The stemrub is a gnarly and I’m going to describe it. As nasty as it sounds, it’s oddly very satisfying to smell. So it smells like vomit and minty bubblegum. Or like someone hurled and all they had on hand to ‘cover up’ the smell was some double fresh. I get that sounds gross but hey… I LOVE GMO. The PawPaw being Indiana Bubblegum x Modified Banana (Banana OG x Donny Burger).

Some Day 7 Pictures. I plan to let him go 21days while the flowering bed/tent fills up and the clones root.

5 Likes

Hello everyone.

Update on my PawPaw male. I thought it a good idea to chop the top fan leaves the other day and I think it was worth it. I gently opened the tent today and he was dropping pollen. Not the biggest plant I’ve seen. He went from transplant directly to flower. Anyways, I think trimming those fans made cutting the pollen sacs off really easy. I clipped them right over the top of a pollen box.

All the male flowers are currently in the box with 10 satchels of food grade desiccant. I’ve used this method with mushrooms and it gets them cracker dry. I figured it will work with these as well? Oh yes, not all the sacs had fully opened yet but the ones that are open today, look like the currently unopened ones. Hopefully those open while drying up.

I didn’t snap many pics and they’re nothing glamorous, since this was my first time collecting pollen, I was more focused on the task at hand. Forgive the terrible focus :man_facepalming:

I’m still workin up a sweat around the house but now that this male is out of the way, I can get back to updates on the flower and veg tent. Those will have to wait till this weekend though!

Until then :v:

5 Likes