The History of Tahoe OG

I had posted this on another thread but it might have been seen as derailing.

I’ve been trying to find out more information on Tahoe OG. It seems the only thing I could really find was this post from another forum.

Is it another situation where it kept changing names?

10 Likes

Love me some Tahoe! I try to stay out of the name game thing and all of that but it’s getting harder and harder as time goes by. I think honestly that’s probably the case after reading this and several more I’ve read over the years. It’s always a shame when names get switched or someone tried to call it something popular when in fact it was mids or whatever to begin with before the seed was even popped :man_facepalming:t2: some strains I believe out there now are not AT ALL what they are called , sad but true.

11 Likes

Origin stories are hard to prove, so many things that people say that are similar and many things people say are conflicting. I know many people speculate, and guess at the origins of OG Kushes and the different cuts, and if they are S1s or just bagseeds or what.

And some folks just rename things that aren’t even there own creation, which further makes it hard to prove.

At this point, I’m really starting to ignore names and lineages that I can’t prove and just trying to plant more seeds.

If I find a nice plant, it really doesn’t matter much about the lineage if its effects and growth work for me.

Always interesting stuff to read, it’s just very difficult to ever confirm without a doubt, unless we start genetically sequencing strains, and using their DNA to confirm what’s what. I hear so many people hinting that will be a thing before we know it.

Just thought I should mention those few things everyone have a good day and hopefully this thread sparks some good conversations.

Peace.

11 Likes

Yep - if you find a good plant, you can name it then.

3 Likes

I suppose this also makes it difficult for breeders to trace the lineage for a breeding project.

2 Likes

Very interesting. Yes, history is whoever has the pen.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes