The Official Rip it Apart Thread

I always see people using this product and that product and usualy its not as good as you think it is. This thread will be used to rip apart common gardening products. Feel free to post some products you, a friend, or your mom uses in their garden. But be warned! They will get ripped apart as best as they can be. You will be told whats wrong or good with it, why its good or bad, and how you can do better (or worse?) Remember, This is all for fun!

7 Likes

lol this topic has one foot in the Shark Tank and the other foot on a Banana Peel… Y’all have fun…

10 Likes

Love the idea! Let’s start off with Osmocote!

2 Likes

I fucking hate osmocote , dicked over more plants than I can count on borrowed toes and fingers

2 Likes

There are things that I could say about osmocote that are rude crude and socially unacceptable

2 Likes

Avoid osmocote at all costs

2 Likes

Did I mention that I hate osmocote?

3 Likes

i’m not sure what is osmocote but it seems to come highly recommended by @Uncle_Al, good to know of this great product!

3 Likes

Surely you jest there are not enough negative comments I could make about osmocote

3 Likes

I think ya did once or twice!

LMAO!!!

Oh jesus. You start with osmocote!?:joy: wtf is that? Scotts name for miracle grow. Do people use that shit for cannabis?? Straight from the lab. I dont even know where to start. The owner, the label, or their website. Well. The label has a really high NPK value. Its made up of stuff you probably shouldnt be getting on your skin. ITS OWNED BY MONSANTO. They tell you to put it on your garden. Like you know. That thing connected to the earth that provides you food for your health. Is it also a blue powder?:joy:

1 Like

I refer to any TR capsule as osmocote, generically like a Xerox machine. I have encountered white,yellow, green and blue ones in varying products all that I can recall had a white powder inside. Every time I find them in someone’s soil mix the plants are suffering the symptoms of premature/over feed.

1 Like

This shit should never be in your soilXD especially for cannabis since youll be smoking it.

I also detest time release fertilizer. Not just
Osmocote.
Although, I have to say I have never used it!
I like to feed my plants what they need, when they need it.
I like to be in control.

Scotts Miracle-Gro owns Osmocote
Monsanto and Scotts are two different companies.
Scotts is not owned by Monsanto.
Monsanto is in the process of being acquired by Bayer.

3 Likes

True. scotts is who monsanto uses to spread their roundup and other garbage.

But in my eyes if youre using someone succesfully you basicly own them.

1 Like

Yes, Scotts is considering severing the partnership with Monsanto for distributing
Roundup.

Some think that Scotts is tainted by their association with Monsanto.
Bayer may also end the distribution deal if their acquisition of Monsanto goes through.

1 Like

Yeah good idea that way they can spread their own deadly toxinsXD

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Soil Life Discussion

A post was merged into an existing topic: Soil Life Discussion