The Official Rip it Apart Thread

I also detest time release fertilizer. Not just
Osmocote.
Although, I have to say I have never used it!
I like to feed my plants what they need, when they need it.
I like to be in control.

Scotts Miracle-Gro owns Osmocote
Monsanto and Scotts are two different companies.
Scotts is not owned by Monsanto.
Monsanto is in the process of being acquired by Bayer.

3 Likes

True. scotts is who monsanto uses to spread their roundup and other garbage.

But in my eyes if youre using someone succesfully you basicly own them.

1 Like

Yes, Scotts is considering severing the partnership with Monsanto for distributing
Roundup.

Some think that Scotts is tainted by their association with Monsanto.
Bayer may also end the distribution deal if their acquisition of Monsanto goes through.

1 Like

Yeah good idea that way they can spread their own deadly toxinsXD

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Soil Life Discussion

A post was merged into an existing topic: Soil Life Discussion

anyone got anything bad to say about green cleaner?

1 Like

I found a few products with that name. Wanna pist a link to products you want ripped up?

found the actual website https://www.centralcoastgarden.com/products/green-cleaner/

2 Likes

Well first off you cant get into their MSDS sheet so i cant tell you whats in it. They do tell you the use sodium lauyrl sulfate which is a foaming agent in most soaps. Im not sure how this effects the plants when you dip the whole thing in there like they recommend. Personally i use aloe as my “foaming agent”

Soil king seems to approve. And hes the dude that also uses chemicals in his “amazing soil mix”

Anything with the “Hydrofarm” brand seems to be useless and certain to break.

Example: I picked up some of their shears so as to not bring any baddies into my tents with my general-purpose shears. Literally first use, I bent the blades on the Hydrofarm shears trying to prune a medium-size branch, maybe 2.5mm diameter.

I have vague memories of them being a semi-trustworthy brand back in the day, but they seem to just be a logo stamped on mass-produced garbage at this point.

2 Likes

I agree somewhat here. Ive personally never had a problem with some product of theirs like the 125w cfl and hood they sell. And ive had a mechanical timer from them running for a few years now with no problems. But had a heat mat that was way too hot, then again they all do and need a controllerXD ive never used their shears though. They did seem like cheap china junk shears.

Frikin beautiful.

I love it!

Let’s start at the beginning.

I like to use Sham Wow to germinate seeds.

Just the right amount of water, see who’s going have a chance once they hit dirt.

??

99%

2 Likes

Absolutely savage! Lol. Gotta try it now.

1 Like

I hope he’ll follow up on the thread.

I have had some seriously hard nosed teachers in my life. Learned a ton.

The “right sense of humor” is already on the table. :joy:

1 Like

I’m definitely gonna try it man!!! I love my shamwow.

1 Like

Really? My mom fell for Vince.

Seed germination is the first use I have had for it.

Hey, I can wash it and re-use it.

All paper products are bleached before they are printed on. :confounded:

1 Like

i thought he was dead, his heart exploded from too much coke or something. or was that oxyclean guy

Yeah, a few years back. I think you are right.