Kraven a new press

Thanks for peeking in, I thought it would be neat to journal my rosin press build.

Tired of hunting for good gear at the right price, well I looked and looked for a press that would allow my skills to shine and man, nothing around so I’m gonna make my own…a 10 ton press with a set of 5x6 x1 plates. So far I have everything in place and the machining done on my plates…now just waiting on the electronics so I can build the PID boxes [dual PID’s w/ 2 heaters per plate.]

Thanks for dropping by…I’ll add more when the new parts come. Peace

21 Likes

Great work! What is PID box? How do you integrate heating?

1 Like

It’s the brains of the press, it’s what you set the temp at and it controls the heaters in the blocks…they are just drilled in and then set with thermal grease. Here is a pic of a PID box.

10 Likes

peek a boo looking awesome!!

1 Like

Hey @argo945 . It’s good to see you man…how you doin’ :wink:

1 Like

Good morning all. Still plugging along with the press…taking my time and really thinking through each move…I think I can make a good product and a little money here. I started out looking for a quality production press and couldn’t find a real product that would do the job…everything is way too expensive and lacked the good materials and workmanship / flexibility I was looking for…when i am done I could sell this press for less than 2k and make a killing…plus offer a better press than is currently on the market imho.

2 Likes

Got more to add as I slowly continue to build the press…everything is drilled and tapped so now just build the PID’s when they arrive and install the heaters. Thank for peeking in.

14 Likes

Briliant work! Bookmarking and looking forward to assembly of the heatpads!

4 Likes

Nice project kraven how much buck you estimate it cost to build one ?

1 Like

Thanks for asking, the press was on sale for 225.00 and the plates and PID build ran around another 150.00 so about 375.00 and a few hours labor. imho better than anything on the market and under 400.00 to build. Yup, if there is enough interest down the road I may just start a press company and get these to market for a reasonable profit. Peace

6 Likes

I’ll buy one when you got them ready… LOL

2 Likes

I have had a bunch of peeps say the same thing…seems to be a bit of interest out there. Thanks for dropping by. Peace.

2 Likes

It’s a booming industry and with your skills you should make a lot of money, but the time is now. Keep quality high, ease of end user control, warranty and customer service. The product looks great and at that price you mentioned, you will get a lot of business. Cheers!

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m all about helping the industry and people in need…it’s what our community is really built around…helping others. I have always felt you get more by giving so if I can figure out a way to bring a quality press to market for the right price I will be moving forward. My goal is to make it so affordable that we move a bunch of units…the hand full of nickles theory…most are trying to make a few dimes…but at the end of the day your business is better if your just fair with the customer. Thanks for dropping by and giving me feedback. Peace

4 Likes

Started raining so I squished out a puddle of HS rosin the old hair iron method…wont be long till the press is complete. Hope everyone’s Monday is good…rain was a nice break, a few dabs and a nap then back at it. Peace

6 Likes

Built the first PID / Relay box for the press plates…I will build the other one tomorrow and then just be waiting on the four heaters that are on the slow boat from China.

12 Likes

Looking spot on ! Won’t be long now…

1 Like

Got the press finished today…just waiting on 4 heaters for the plates and that will just take a sec to slide them in and start squishing. Thanks for following along. Peace

10 Likes

Hey there Kraven! I am happy to find this thread. Great work

2 Likes

Hey @zem really good to see you. Thanks for dropping by brother. :peace:

1 Like