The year of making do

Update F10

No more training for now. From here on she grows up.

5 Likes

Side view. This is the lowest I’ve ever been able to keep a plant. Approx 10 cm from soil to the screen.

7 Likes

Y’all say hi to Wappa 8 :grin:

6 Likes

Update F13

Hopefully we’re at the very end of the stretch. I really like the height we’re at now, it’s in a really good spot to get plenty of light without getting too close. Fingers crossed!

Also I can’t say enough good things about the Blumats. With the Blumats I effectively double the watering/dry cycle, which is keeping the roots in the sweet spot for a much longer time and letting me achieve good dry-backs without risk of wilting.

5 Likes

Atomical Haze F18

Even with my lights at 100% she’s still stretching, although she’s fully blooming now so I think I’m at the end. Looking very healthy and smelling nice and fragrant. I love the smell of marijuana in the morning!

5 Likes

Here we are at F22 and the stretch finally seems to have stopped:

Meanwhile Wappa 8 didn’t look well, so I scrapped her in favor of a Mendocino Skunk seed. Still waiting on that one to pop up.

3 Likes

You grow nice bonsaïs, @Beak . Well done!

2 Likes

Thanks @SaintAliasKnife I’ve learned so much from you and the folks here and on the SuperGreenLabs discord channel.

This time next year I’ll have a larger space in which to grow and then I’ll get to try my hand at a bigger plant :grin:

1 Like

F24 Atomical Haze update.

She’s starting to frost:

4 Likes

Meanwhile Mendocino Skunk 2 has popped up but so far seems less than vigorous…

3 Likes

F27 Atomical Haze update

Buds are frosting now and starting to bulk up. This is the healthiest plant I’ve grown to date - check out the trunk - and she’s drinking almost 1L/day which is a lot for a plant in a tiny box.

6 Likes

Meanwhile the skunkweed has figured its shit out and looks good on top and bottom, will transplant to final pot in the next day or so.

5 Likes

Atomical Haze F37

I let her go through a good dryback. She seems happy though this morning she was starting to wilt.

5 Likes

Mendocino Skunk 2 is growing vigorously. A little wonkiness but it’s just growing pains.

5 Likes

First an update on Atomical Haze F42

She’s doing well but the Blumats have really slowed down their feed rate so when she dries back, she’s drying too fast/hard. That’s what’s causing the yellowing leaves. I tried cleaning the Blumats and reinserting them but no improvement.

Next is Mendocino Skunk 2 which was literally just a seed 19 days ago:

She is VIGOROUS SUPERFREAK so I’m flipping her today to 12/12

5 Likes

Mendocino Skunk 2 update:

Two days later and she’s stretched at least 2" :open_mouth:

Nothing to do but remove the top of the plant and try to clone the two growing branches.

I’ve flipped the schedule back to 18/6 to help get the clones started and then as soon as they’re able it’s all going back in bloom.

6 Likes

Wow, that’s some impressive growth

2 Likes

Looking:

• good in there :+1:
  • forward to this one :grin::rocket:
    :white_check_mark: all of the above
1 Like

Amnesia Haze F51

She’s within two weeks of finishing, looking good and smelling strong with bright pine and lemon notes.

Mendocino Skunk 2 F1

My two clone attempts look to be failing but I took another 4 just to double down on failure :joy:

Here are the clones. The two on the left are about 7 days old, not looking great but I’m giving them time to decide. I have yet to learn a consistently reliable cloning technique.

6 Likes

I love it when everything is rocking in the grow lab.

Up top we’ve got the Mendocino Skunk clones. The first two rooted and I’m waiting on the other four to show roots.

Below and to the right is the mother plant:

She’s on basically week one of 12/12 and stretching like a monster.

Over on the lower left is Atomical Haze 1. She’s at week 8 of flower and getting ready for harvest.

Early samples are very positive - she’s gonna be strong when she’s ready!

7 Likes