Theft by postal employees

If you read the USPS website, it details how mail theft and mail theft by postal employees has risen some 600% in the last few years. My money is that this is directly related to the farm bill. Now that seeds and clones are legal, scummy postal employees are stealing people’s mail.

There has gotta be a better option.

Anyone here work for USPS?

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

8 Likes

Yeah i get all my seeds and cuts from postal employees. Joking, best way to make sure your packages get delivered is tip your mailperson. I throw my postman 20 randomly throughout year.

12 Likes

Don’t know man, all my stuff shows up.

8 Likes

I was just at thee post office and the lady tried to blame the sender. They mustta messed up the address! She said.

I had to politely remind her that mail theft is a federal crime punishable by 5 years in prison.

5 Likes

I like to steal other people’s junk mail and consider it a public service.

18 Likes

Lol :joy:

3 Likes

“It’s not theft your honour it’s recycling. Don’t you care about the environment?” Haha embedded guilt trip.

4 Likes

i dont work for them but have had insured mail go missing or mis delivered and i called my local postmaster. who investigated it and called me and sent me a letter? hi words were i am sorry it was mis-delivered and the post office insurance does not cover that it only cover damage and theft. letter said the same. so why then do they insure it if they dont pay on it.
needless to say it doesnt matter

4 Likes

I have only lost an order from The Vault, when I called about it they gave me a bunch of hooey for an excuse. When The Vault made good and resend it, it got snatched again. I gave up on it. It was a lose lose situation.

lmao hilarious

I’ve never lost any mail or seeds and any gifts to family in Nov have always gotten there. Pay for tracking, insurance it always shows. Peace

Never been robbed by post…but I feel your pain. The happiness I feel when I know beans are on their way is second only to the birth of my kids…lol.

6 Likes

I know there is a hugh proplem with mail theft.I read about it in California. They even had videos of them stealing they mail. They go thru it getting money, valuables and information to steal idenities.

I have lost two packages in five years. One fro. California and one to Canada.

4 Likes

This ain’t lookin too good for that envelope I sent out to you today @Kabuddha

3 Likes

Y’all wouldn’t believe how many people mail bags of weed! That’s why they’re ripping packages open

1 Like

Getting stuff from people in the US I’ve had a couple things not show up but for the most part I got everything I either asked for or traded for in two weeks.I have one trade I did over three weeks ago to a gent in Canada and I don’t think he got his beans yet.It’s always getting the beans over the border I always worry about.I don’t even dare ship clones to Canada I’m a little too skittish to pull that trigger.

a friend sent me some incredibly rare seeds the last of these certain ones in existence and they were the watermelon in watermelon zkittlez

they were in a sunflower seed pack in first class mail

Idk why he didn’t use priority haha
They misdelivered it to somewhere else and thank god the people realized it wasnt meant for them and put it back in the mail box to be given to me a few days later by the mail man

I’ve had nothing but great experiences with usps
they work hard and most are good people
There’s always gonna be bad apples no reason not to use the service

And at least they need a warrant to open your mail unlike privately ran companies like UPS and fedex

5 Likes

I worked as a temp for USPS some 20 years ago at one of their airport hubs. If theft is up 600% from what was going on there, y’all aren’t finna get another package again.

3 Likes

I have never had a problem in the past even when I was using a shipping service…all my mail arrived, albeit the staff tried to hassle me for more money, but that was the service not USPS.

1 Like

With all the posting I have done from Canada to other countries, I have only lost one envelope going across the US border.

Had some sit for a month at customs in European countries but finally delivered thankfully.

Adding some cotton wool to vials so they don’t make a rattling sound and taping in a card envelope inside the real envelop helps I think as it feels more like documents in the envelope and they run through the rollers better on the sorting machines.

I have had few returned un delivered as well. One looked like it had been stamped on as it had a boot impression on it, 2 of the 5 vials had broken but the seeds were intact, but you didn’t know which were which.

5 Likes