Thinking of new layout for my growroom

hey OG ! im almost done w current grow and would like to get your thoughts on a new layout and basically i’m looking for some good suggestions and constructive cricitism about how YOU would change my layout/setup… this has served its purpose for some time and it’s been and will remain a dedicated flowering room… i just think it’s time to change it up…

yes i know i need to paint the walls/panda film them or something to cover up the acid tripping elements haha…(got carried away one day while indulging on some gels​:rofl::sunglasses:)

currently i’m running a digital greenhouse dual bulb 630w CMH and a hydro crunch 630w single bulb CMH in a 7x 11room w low 7’ ceilings… for cooling im using a wall mount fan and a regular floor fan and window AC connected to a digital temp on/off switch, and a dehu… also my bathroom is on outside of growrrom for easy access to water (well water)

what would you do different? my biggest enemy is the ceiling height and keeping the room cool… also i would like to know some good suggestions for better air purification that won’t break the bank…

thanks for your anticipated responses !

Cheers !
Bill

9 Likes

For the bulbs I will say side by side over aligned.

CMH are pretty hot, and i’ve known only the ~300. I can’t even imagine with 1.2K in summer ^^
The problem with cheap reflector with ducts, it’s the coverage and the need for a dedicated “air flow” to be really efficient.

1 Like

i use m
600mh/hps in y grow room with cool tube reflectors venting the duct work right out the window next to my window ac with a carbon canister inlighn. seems to keep the room cool insummer at about 78-80 depending on how hot it gets outside. plus a humidifier to keep humidity around 55-60 during veg. my room is 10x10 and i use 2 600s. also a 2x4 tent w/ led. but alas this setup also has served me well but going to LEDs on my next grow. and selling all my mh/hps lights sad to see them go but its time to come into the 21st century…lol

4 Likes

i’d paint the walls flat white to start with. that used to be a thing, but mylar is probably less expensive than paint now. in fact, i don’t even know if it would make a difference, or if the difference would be worth the cost of the paint and time to do the painting. i’d still do it though, i can be contrary sometimes.

3 Likes

I’d consider switching over to led lights.

3 Likes

I totally agree with Reznfingeez33, I would like to add that the cost will be recouped in the saving on your electric consumption plus you won’t tax your equipment trying to disperse that heat that HPS, MH, and MV throw off, but not a bad thing in the winter to save on heat. Always a hard dilemma I loved my old light too. Thats all they had back in the day.

3 Likes

Did you think of making a small veg area
Say 2 foot wide by 48 in tent 60 in high

This will be multi purpose area ,flower males , start new grow while the other is flowering , mother room and even a drying area
And say still leaving you 9 ft x 7 ft

I have a 57 in high tent with a 24 x 24 x 24 inches tent on top for seedlings and clones
So there’s a lot you can do

I also set a small shelf that is on hinges to fold against the wall it’s a work station and it folds down when I need the space

I would switch to leds less heat and lower energy bills

7 Likes

i am definitely upgrading to Mars Hydros as soon as funds permit… that’s my number one priority as my electric bill is over 1k a month in good old greedy state of CT

1 Like

digging your setup! i was thinking of that my self but hesistated due to fear of light pollution from other tents… and w CT laws we can’t really have THAT much going on … lol

bummer i live in such uptight state

1 Like

You have no idea how ironic this is, saying that to Paps…

2 Likes

Now that’s funny :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: damn true brother !!!

3 Likes