This is why I dont like LEDs

I have avoided led for the same reason , I plugged some in to try on veg and the plants went cal mag deficient almost immediately. A couple strains were even trying to go into flower under 18 hours which is a sighn that they think they are dying. I adjusted light height , upped the nutrients , dumped enough cal mag on them to be sure that wasent the issue , my room temp is fine so I concluded it had to be the lights.
I switched back to my normal t5s and normal new growth started the very next day.
They are missing the uv spectrum and the green wave length and it seems some plants react more poorly then others to the difference in light. They are typically full spectrum and vegging plants do not like or need that much red light. They need to stop making them full spectrum and focus on grow and bloom specific light spectrums. They need to be dropping the price sense it’s made mostly of cheap chinesium.
If I want to cut down my electric bill I think I will install solar before I convert to led lights.
It’s to the point that when I show people in the industry some dank smelling tasting weed they respond you must still use hid or be a outdoor guy…
I could build a climate controlled automated light dep green house for what some of these bigger grows are spending to convert to led.
The only benefits I see are they save space and cost on bulb replacement but it’s not worth all the other hiccups that come with them.

11 Likes