This seems familiar- Seamonkey84’s first grow in 12+yrs

It takes some getting used to

2 Likes

Yeah man I had a 100 gallon reef for over 10 years still miss it I may put together a nano in the future

3 Likes

Some of my corals from 2012, I had a super nice local supplier. I also get sad thinking my tanks man. Check out Albert Theil “Nano Reef” aquarium book, excellent. I Still wanna make another pico vase reef hahah
My old DIY ADA stand and diy 3gal nano reef in the beginning.

Ok ok, I’m done. Sorry OP…

7 Likes

Once covid is settled down alot more, I may attempt this in a 2gal hurricane Vase again.

I still remember all the flipping variations that came from this lol my favorite was the snowflake clowns.

1 Like

Well since we’re reef(er) heads

11 Likes

Yeah but you know what happens then. Eventually it morphs into a full blown 100+ gallon reef or bigger hell I know a guy in down around clearwater that turned his swimming pool into a reef I’m talking unground pool

Peace out and stay safe

2 Likes

@Grohio try out makin some DIY Cal-Mag-Phos. I’m sure you will like it and would safe ya some coin.

2 Likes

Haha no wonder this fourm is bada$$ we all a bunch of retired Reefers hahaha roll another one and pass it.

1 Like

Lol I saw that pun on reefer clever

2 Likes

Frostbites are one of my favorites, then the heavily spotted snowflakes. There’s also one called snow storm now, no orange whatsoever, white body, black fins and eyes, like a skull head fish.

3 Likes

my clowns

5 Likes

Damit I need to smoke some cannabis. My wife will kill me if I start another tank hahaha. Sold my 40B last year, was full blown planted for about 3yrs. Aquascaped like a was a pro (I wasn’t) haha

2 Likes

Yes sir. Ask my wife. 12+ tanks later and likely the cost of retirement hahaha

1 Like

Eh, I play enough at work for now. My 125gal has been sitting empty going on 10 years though… often though about setting it up as a bait tank. but just to be different, I was thinking about keeping a couple dozen freshwater rainbow smelt that we use for salmon. But they require a chiller over the summer, can’t get above 68F for them or things start going bad quick.

2 Likes

@Seamonkey84 just fish farm some rainbows and sell em :wink: Use it as money maker. Need the chiller though likely.

I feel the itch.
https://www.google.com/search?q=paludarium&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjM9KCOxcLtAhUJVc0KHdGTAegQ_AUoAXoECAMQAQ&biw=360&bih=627&dpr=3#imgrc=08zKAiC7hWy9GM

1 Like

Spawning and rearing smelt is a venture I’m not going to try lol. Raising trout would get me in more trouble with in this state than growing pot before it became legal!
inland fish and game and their regulations are very strict here. They control what we can keep and sell for pets. We have a list of approved animals that are allowed without a permit, anything not on that list would need a permit. Then when it comes to fishing, if your not going to immediately release the fish, you must kill it and count it as part of your limit. if your caught with any live fish (besides approved baitfish or pets) it could be seen as intention to relocate and illegally stock the fish, 2k-10k fine. But on that note, basically the only limit we have is on trout and salmon. bass only have a limit in the lower half of the state, the northern half is basically recommended to kill them all, along with any pike/musky caught, all are invasive species. Hardly anyone here except kids (and me) fish for sunfish and perch. Oh, crappies and bluegills are also invasive here :crazy_face:.

5 Likes

yep thats one way to do it Cal-Mag+, CalMag+ made with eggshells

4 Likes

Omg I just walked into the room the buds are hanging in, totally smells like sweet fruity pebbles with a hint of bubblegum and almost sulfury fermentation funk, almost like a hint of skunk. but not the scent of skunk on the breeze or someone’s dog got sprayed and they went to work/school, but if you smell something that got freshly sprayed, the burnt rubber sulfur oily smell.

6 Likes