Thrips? Looking for confirmation

Whut.?

I uses Safer’s End All so if you can’t use soap then prob not that either :frowning:
U have anyplace near that sells predatory mites?

Nope. My community has no predatory notes either. Try getting Amazon to ship you some soap and you’ll see its not deliverable to your area.

1 Like

@FreeCanadianHugs

:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Thanks man. I was planning on eventually breeding beneficial insects so it’s good to have a source. I think for now I’ll spray them to get rid of the majority. Then after I might get some good bugs to eat the bad.

For now I’m just trying to find the Dr. Bronnor’s peppermint soap.

Is this what I want?

4 Likes

Yep

Just got mine in the mail today from Amazon :rofl:

3 Likes

Pyrethrins are a great solution, but not all are made equal (some have additives that make a no no) if youre going to go this route please check this out:

2 Likes

Thanks for all the help guys. The community support is amazing here between members

1 Like

Like other said…. you got bugs, but at least you got one of the best ones!

Since you can’t get safer insecticidal soap I’m guessing your options are pretty limited. Can you get neem oil? Even a tsp/quart of a mild soap is a good option if you can apply it often.

At the very least get some yellow trays to control & monitor them.

Good luck :+1:

1 Like

Amazing I’m saving this for another time. Thank you :pray:

1 Like

these home made recipes are great and all but are they safe to use in the grow medium?
I use Monterey’s Garden spray with Spinosad.
I order mine from Amazon as it is not availlable in Canada. Some sellers won’t ship it… find one that does.
It is safe to use in the root zone which is why I prefer it to any other solution.
Seems every bag or so of sunshine mix 4 comes pre infected with thrips so I am always ready to deal with those little fuckers.

2 Likes

The lost coast can be used as a soil drench as well

1 Like

You can eat vegetable oil, use hydrogen peroxide as a mouth & bud wash, rubbing alcohol to clean your face & bong, wash your hands & dishes with soap, and add citric/malic acid to your gummies. So it’s not going to kill you, your microbes (in soil), or contaminate your medium.

But you don’t want to smoke oils and it will leave a residue for a short while. (Same precautions you would use for neem oil.) ISO will definitely degrade trichomes. But you wouldn’t want to be spraying oils or alcohol on buds anyway.

You can kill thrips/mites just with H202. Just add some to a spray bottle, grab a loupe and see for yourself. With mites it won’t kill the eggs/break the cycle. (As mentioned, I’m outside, so never going to kill every mite/thrip. A new one is flying in on a bird the next day. So it’s a process. “IPM is a combination of common-sense practices.” :grinning:)

The main advantage is that you actually know what it is your spraying - as opposed to most products with 80% “inert ingredients” you have no clue about. (Lost Coast is actually one of the few products that list all it’s ingredient’s. So :+1: for them.)

1 Like

Eh thanks for this, just made some. Testing it on some infested catnip! :grin:

missed replying to your post.
My point to the comment I made was “is it safe for the roots”. With the Monterey’s Garden Spray with Spinosad, it is safe for the roots, unlike many other mixtures or products. This is a benefit over other sprays I might apply that I do not want getting into the grow media. I actually use plastic skirts on my pots most of the time when I am spraying the plants down, except when i use the Montereys. It will kill the soil bound part of the Thrip lifecycle as well as anything on the plants.
I also regularly use alcohol/h202/water and sufficant for spraying plants both in veg and in flower or out in the greenhouse as part of my IPM routine. Spinosad is bad for bees so I only use it indoors.