Thug pug pheno hunt

I’ve looked at all the home depots and Lowes home hardware etc for red lava rock. Even large peices to break up but could only find some small bags at pet stores listed for aquariums, I seen many listings across the border. I’m going to call around some landscape supply yards and see if they have any. I’ve even been looking for big ones as you mentions as I can just crush them with my tractor or the good Ole sledge hammer but no such luck. I’ve been trying to build a no till set up as well and don’t want to use perlite. But I’m in Canada sources are few and far between it seems. Weird how it can be so different across the border line. Makes no sense

3 Likes

That is very strange. I mean, pumice isn’t the easiest thing to source here in LA, but I’ve always managed to find it somewhere. Sometimes that means driving all the way to Inglewood to get it, seventy miles round-trip, but I can always find it.

That’s a good idea, I’ve sourced multiple things for my grow from a landscaping place a few miles from my house.

5 Likes

@Terpfiend97 this is Unicorn Booty bred by one of my caregivers Endgame Genetics. It is Unicorn Booty x Booty Wash → Bootylicious x (Super Lemon Haze x Fire Alien White)*
*i’m unclear of the order of the parents in this portion.

This seems to have really controlled the stretch and tightened up the bud spacing and hopefully added some potency. It’s moving faster than my other plants that started bloom the same day. It’s maintaining the profile of the Unicorn Poop but with this added aluminum/hotdog water thing from the Booty Wash.

I love the Unicorn Poop, but for my growing situation having something more manageable height and stretch wise is a huge plus. If you find a solid pheno, it seems a really solid breeding stock cultivar all around (other peoples experience not mine).

Salts/Tents/Panels.

16 Likes

Unicorn booty :joy: but damn dude that is incredible, good job! That’s good to know about the breeding, I plan to mess around a little bit this year :sunglasses:

7 Likes

The back 6 are the females from the thug pug seeds, the rest is gifted/bought cuts but anyways I’ve got 3 glukie breath, 2 unicorn poop, and only 1 queen sugar, so it makes selecting that one easy :joy: I wanna bud them out right now but my flower room has probably another 2 weeks :slightly_frowning_face:

16 Likes

I’ve got these sitting on the back burner, waiting for an opportunity to add to the rotation…

Reading all the comments makes me wonder…

Should I rethink my summer outdoor plans and put a couple of beans in to soak?

3 Likes

Having said that, I did just that with this yesterday…

3 Likes

Does it say what cut he used to make the seed? Looks good

3 Likes

It doesn’t mention it anywhere on any of his pbb crosses.

I think i was talking to one of the guys from brother’s in farms on a reddit thread a while back. I’ll see if i can find that conversation and ask.

I wanted to share as i know how hard to find (and expensive) thug genetics are. I haven’t grown anything out from bif beans yet as i only found them two or three months ago.

I have the black lemon cake x pbb hopefully sprouting tomorrow for my backyard grow this summer and will try and update often

5 Likes

That cross sounds f**king legit… actually! Thug pug has recently come out of retirement, he had to get one of those 50/50 surgeries where you might be fine… or you might be crippled. Anyways surgery went well and he is booting right back up. (I follow his Instagram like gospel)

10 Likes

annnd we have entered the big room​:call_me_hand: Gonna chop these bitches up over the next couple of weeks for my greenhouses so this thread will be temporarily stagnant. my apologies, but when I’m ready to go I will be in full force, pictures and updates on a weekly basis. Environment specs, feedings I’ll document it all :ok_hand: even god forbid… my fuck ups :joy:

18 Likes

this pheno of glukie breath is so weird but it’s also my favourite… am I weird too :joy:

18 Likes

2 polar opposite phenos of unicorn poop, nothing different about the way they’ve been treated as far as environment and food… the bigger one has been super cropped in 2 spots and transplanted with in the last few days… the small one hasn’t seemed to move too fast since the beginning of its life

18 Likes

black lemon cake x PB is up.

2nd time around, got ahead of myself and damaged the taproot transplanting the first one…

she has company, a honeycane fem in the next solo…

9 Likes

The one on the left looks so much like my GMO leaner! Mine has more than doubled in size in 12 days of bloom. I’m about to make it smoke a whole carton of cigarettes so it’ll stop getting taller.

3 Likes

Good I’m hoping for a filthy, offensive pheno. and haha I’m sitting in the office at work actually laughing out loud like a retard at this :joy: but yeah that one seems to be growing at a noticeable rate even in veg, everytime I see it I’m like fuck… do you need a new pot already? Lol

4 Likes

just did a bit of a light upgrade, PWS 240 by “plant world growing supplies” it’s an up and coming company, I don’t think they’ve officially launched yet but the owner is a great dude out of Mississauga with badass lights… de girls though, are on a diet of Gaia green 4-4-4 every 3 weeks, PH is… I’m not sure I actually haven’t even bothered to check it since I started using amendments lol but god forbid I run into issues I got the trusty combo meter on standby. I recently watered for the first time with a little bit of molasses in the mix… what a nice little treat for the plants (microbes) they exploded over the course of about 2 days afterwards… next I want to try making a little bokashi and batshit tea I think when they’re in flower :thinking:

9 Likes

Looks to be some bright lights what’s the cost and how do you get in contact with him? Google was no help.

3 Likes

Love Gaia Green nutrients 444 & 284

3 Likes

How much 444 have you been giving them?

3 Likes