TIL that I failed to recognize a serious problem before it was too late

It is well beyond time for a new cat toy. Message received.

(I really wanted to post this in Sick Plants & Problems, but I wasn’t sure if that would be appreciated xD )

14 Likes

Once your cat has decided it likes plants there’s no toy that can distract them.

Mine prefer leaves off the plants only, not piles of clippings.

10 Likes

This is what I had to do to keep my cats from eating my cuttings .

15 Likes

used to have a black cat…she liked fig leaves. Ate all the leaves from a couple of cuttings we were trying to root.

6 Likes

Dogs nip at mine…and the cat? Keeps the OD plants fertilized

9 Likes

Mine too, like what the actual hell???
IF I let the cats :cat2: they both will eat the shit outta the leaves, but if I pluck a few off and give them some, Apparently it’s not good enough anymore. Freaking :cat2:

6 Likes

My theory is they have a taste for human inconvenience.

12 Likes

If I put a plant on the counter I have to lock my cat in the bathroom.

3 Likes

Rule is, when I’m working on the plants don’t turn your back lol…she will appear. Bigger plants, whatever, they got plenty of leaves. It’s the seedlings I worry about. She also likes to get in to “lay in the sun”. Only way to get her outta there is to spray her with water.

She is the world’s sweetest animal but she does what she wants, when she wants.

18 Likes

This matches my situation closely. She had been fine, sun bathing, for a while now. I think she was offended by the increased movement when I turned up a fan. Those leaves should not have been taunting her :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

As a fellow cat owner I understand. Love the little shits but stay tf away from my weed plants. Gonna set up some catnip in the window to keep them distracted. Got seeds germinating right now and the doors staying open for ventilation. Hopefully they don’t get into the dome once they pop.

3 Likes

Mao(Meow Zedong)

4 Likes

My friends cat stalks the outside plants all year eating the bottom leaf , when harvest comes that cat is out there meowing at us and prancing in circles around the plants visually upset that there coming down, and as the others mentioned here it will have nothing to do with them if there removed and offered to it, just wants to nibble the lowers and sleep in there shade.

7 Likes

20201219_073046_1

6 Likes

:v:t4:

11 Likes

I have had this happen when I first started, I thought it was a burn or deficiency. Come to find out One of my cats got locked in the basement na dhelped himself to a few leaves. A few days later I was defoliating and they came right to the trash leaf pile and went to town😂. My cats are scavengers!

1 Like

I made a small wall, to try and leave her a space to lay in the warmth, but also get the point across that she was not supposed to go into the tent. She’s usually pretty good about things like that, at least when I am watching. I was standing there and she hopped right up on the wall and started shoving her face into the bottom leaves again. tent is now closed while I attempt to locate a baby gate lol

1 Like