Tinytuttles 2020 grow chronicles

WHOA! You’re right. 46º tonight, 44, and 49 next two days. I freaked at first. The Weather Underground page get’s my local weather mixed up with San Luis Valley (Alamosa). It was showing 40º forecast for tonight.

So. I’m safe but had no idea it was taking a change like that. I’ve been sleeping with the door open.

3 Likes

Heavy storms tonight10:30 pm high winds and rain only so far we’ll see what damage was inflicted tomorrow morning!:thinking:

3 Likes

i hate this time of year. temp goes hot. bye morning it cool hard for my body to adjust with the temps going up and down i would think plants do not care for the temp swing either. peace brother it will be hot soon hang in their it will get better mother nature is in control.

4 Likes

I saw the radar this morning. Looks like you guys have been getting a lot of rain. I had no idea. We were in a super high wind event for 3 days and the last two were hot and dry as hell. Not a cloud in the sky. I’ve just been trying to keep things watered and alive.

Today it was 40=43º this morning. Cloudy, supposed to get showers this morning but it seems to be staying in the mountains. 40º again tomorrow morning, and then geting beck to 78for the high. It says 67 for us today, but maybe this afternoon. Cool and cloudy now. Man, it was 95º yesterday… smh

4 Likes

It’s sunny and 78 in the northeast :blush:

3 Likes

Heavy winds and rain 2 out of the last 3 days rain gauge had almost 3/4 inch this morning when I left for work may get an inch out of this one ,yard will be looking good as well as all the plants

3 Likes

That’s our forecast for tomorrow, heh.

@Tinytuttle, the sun is starting to try and peak through down here. Rain never happened. It was all around and above us but must have evaporated on the trip down. Dry as hell down here.

4 Likes

Ya I won’t have to water grass for probably 1 week if we can keep the 90 degree heat and wind in check! Will just have to mow more now…!no biggy it only takes me like 10 minutes anyways

2 Likes

Enjoying the sights and sounds this morning with a cup of joe! The hops are starting to flower now and still going like gang buster

11 Likes

This geranium is looking amazing!

12 Likes

The hail protection system is so gardener cool, nice! The hanging basket is absolutely gorgeous, the purple with white stars, I’m definitely gonna get some of those. Digging your foot wear, got my own pair. :sunglasses: The fans on your plants are looking organically beautiful. The vine, I looked on Colorado backyard gardener for it and still couldn’t figure it out… you got me. I just got some gopher plant seeds… would you like to have some?
I enjoy all your flower and plant photo’s, so here my pride and joy.

I hope you have a great weekend and hit that awesome glass pipe for me a couple times.
If you would like a challenge, tell me what the plant is flowering behind the foxglove.
Personal note to self: Don’t look at worm pictures while eating :rofl:

10 Likes

The flower heads look to me to be cleome spinsoa ( spider flower) the reed part foliage plant is it part of it or another plant?

Or maybe a fountain grass of some sort?

2 Likes

Those are about 2 year transplant hop vines I’d guess their length is getting close to 20’ now

2 Likes

Hop’s! Nice, fountain grass is a good guess, bromeliad. The horticultural name is longer than this post cause there are so many kinds.

2 Likes

@Heliosphear Ya not sure what the species is called but they look like a galaxy or space cosmos petunias … is what I like to call them , I was able to take a cutting and get it to root though

1 Like

Thank you, gonna find them, gotta have em, oh before I leave… major problem with the universal OG paver stone size reference, I got three sizes :rofl: battery bout to die. Seeyah when I seeyah, be good to yourself.

Thank you for providing additional size reference possibility’s. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hey, Tiny!
Guess my bet didn’t pay off.
I forgot to figure in your cold weather.
We’re having another cold spell as I type, 20° F below avg. and all my outdoor plants just suspended operations. Except for potatoes and onions and lettuce that is.

When I grew hops, plants the size you have would double their growth in a few days.

4 Likes

It’s not quite there yet … Ya they grow a few inches a day at least probably more on little cooler days but these 90 degrees probably slow them a bit

3 Likes

Did some checks in the plants and happy to report Ive seen pistils on the volunteers in a couple of plants now ! Yea!

5 Likes

Where did you buy your hop rhizomes @Tinytuttle? I think I got all of mine from Freshops in Oregon. I grew them down in Alabama in a hot year but dry. As long as they have plenty of water and plenty of good drainage in the soil they seemed to love shitty hot weather.

I have to get some this next year. I forgot this year. I can prep an area this summer like my last one to make a natural porch trellis of vines. I grew Cascade and Nugget and both thrived. They’re supposed to be the two easiest to grow I think. The Cascades were insane. They produced flowers as they started growing and gave a harvest in summer and another full harvest in fall. Nugget gave one harvest in fall but it was insanely large. You brewing? I need to get mine set up again.

3 Likes