Tinytuttles 2020 grow chronicles

I fitting spot for a bird bath a suppose added some flair to the new flagstone area

7 Likes

I know I show this clematis every year but it’s one of my favorites I just need to do it justice and put it on a better trellis

12 Likes

This is a second year hop transplant … doing pretty well IMO guess it like my soill in the box

7 Likes

And some random lettuce seed that must of gotten dropped last year might have this for lunch! Looks better than the stuff in the garden fungi benefits here? Maybe?

11 Likes

Getting some bug pressure that’s the main reason for making some soap… probably those damn little flea beetles and hoppers

Oh yea forgot to mention that all the comfrey plants got beheaded! Will be top dressing with left over fall leaves will get top dressed probably today

11 Likes

Looking good @Tinytuttle.
I love reading your thread. It’s so similar to how I was taught to grow a garden plus you have taught me a few things.
Not to derail your thread but here’s a pic of one of my 3 by 3 beds

Bent it over at at a 90 deg about 2 inches above the ground and just keep on staking everything down and letting the secondaries reach for the sky.
As always love to read your informative threads.

11 Likes

Thanks man if peeps can pick up some pointers here and there it betters all IMO

4 Likes

So I had this stump from a tree that got ash borers in and had to replace that tree my intentions were to make a miniature gnome garden maybe I still can but @Sebring motivated me to do a quick bug hotel with it

Holes drill around a slight down angle to avoid rain water entry

7 Likes

Have it located in early morning shade do any others know where a better option might be?

7 Likes

Pistils on my pot plant? Nope pistils on a baby hop cone!

10 Likes

Took a country drive after work to check out the hemp fields 3-5 miles away happy to report that I found no hemp growing only corn in those locations! Might be a decent year of Sinsemilla bud!

6 Likes

Soap making part DUEX ! Three days later we add 4 liters of RO/ distilled water and now the fun part ! Get in there with the hands and dislodge soft soap from the sides and bottom of the vessel and break up the chunks

6 Likes

Let it sit for another 24 hours or less covered to keep dust out and you have liquid soap for a multitude of uses!

7 Likes

Enjoying the new outdoor space and some herb good night OG PEEPS!

11 Likes

After 24 hours of adding water the soap ( JWA) is done put about about 8 oz in my ortho sprayer hit the front flower beds hop vines ground cover and tree in the front yard we’ll see if it knocks the hoppers down now ! Was watching a hopper that had hopped in an open area and after 5-10 minutes he wasn’t looking to good managed to barely hop off into some foliage to die peacefully.

I want to see what this will do to ants now!

6 Likes

Kills ants too!

7 Likes

Well looks like I just made the soap in time …already seeing aphids on the outdoor plants! Fuckers!

6 Likes

Oh man, don’t scare me. I need to make a jug of that. Does it store okay long term?

We’re so dry we don’t have much for bugs at all this year. Not even the wasps. And, the wind is relentless. 25-40 … arrgghh. Other than that and lots of hand watering daily, things are fine. Luckily it hasn’t busted past about 95 so far. And only a handful of those. Mostly high 80’s

4 Likes

Soap is shelf stable it won’t go bad … Iv been noticing some leaf damage mostly on Ornamentals in the last week ,really small hoppers so I think this soap will do them in, will probably hit all cannabis and the soil with this JWA in the next days

3 Likes

Maybe I’ll play around with this stump looks like a persons face maybe I or the wife will paint some eyebrows and put a hat on it!

and name him “ stumpy”

6 Likes