TK BX3 seeds (closed)

i still wouldnt have noticed lol wonder how long it would have taken me if i was growing it haha. i would just convince my self its a female until i saw full on balls and to late

2 Likes

#3 is now gone

RIP

Couple pics of the male

And some of the ladies

First seed being formed

And a group shot

23 Likes

man i cant wait to try this breeding thing. how far ahead does the male need to be before letting him bust all over the females ?

3 Likes

I’m curious what wattage of lighting your using for breeding plants

3 Likes

Been following along, garden’s looking great! But sheesh, 4 herms in a $350 10 pack :flushed:…not that JB is gonna do anything about it. Just goes to show price doesn’t mean much these days, huh?

8 Likes

@204medismoke making seeds is a beautiful thing. You don’t have to start the males early, you could always just flip em all same time, or you can flower the males out separately and collect pollen for when you’re ready to flower the girls out.

6 Likes

Hey @Neb, hope all is well with you brother. The lighting I use can vary at times. Right now they’re under a 600w MH and I have 2 100w leds above the 2 short phenos. If the tent was full I would throw in a 315 CMH, but this should do.

4 Likes

Glad to have you here @doubledankdoug, and thank you for the compliment :grin:

I feel you on the herm thing bro. They been keeping me on my toes, that’s for sure.

4 Likes

Has it been four now? I thought we were at two? It might be worth shooting an email off about all the herms and seeing what happens. Based on the seedjunky thread on RIU, people have had success getting replacement packs when getting lots of hermies.

5 Likes

thank you! think im going to try and make some soon. i have a few ideas :smiley:

3 Likes

Wish you the best on your seed makin journey @204medismoke, looking forward to seeing your ideas turn into some fine seeds :grinning:

5 Likes

If it’s up to four herms maybe it wouldn’t hurt to email them? And see if they might do anything about it. It was expensive.

8 Likes

Looks like #9, #7, #6, and now #3 to me. Maybe you’re just thinking of the females, but I think the call was to cull the males (9 and 7) that showed intersex traits as well.

5 Likes

Wow.

Thank you for this.

10 Likes

Very interesting info @HolyAngel Thank You.

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

@HolyAngel I recently had this happen with 3 different plants of 3 different strains. They stated to show male signs and I took them out of my tent and put them on the back porch, They then started to have female flowers/buds. I culled all 3, I thought that they were weirdo plants and did not want to spread the genetics. I noticed multiple volunteer plants coming up in the pots, which I also culled. Maybe I should not have done this :thinking: I still have the remainder of the seeds, from those 3 packs. I was gonna trash em, maybe I should keep them. Thanks.

3 Likes

I mean… I’m just forwarding information along, we need to do our own testing to be sure of it. But I think it’d be worth it :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Are these seeds still available? I have the Triangle Kush clone I wouldn’t mind making some seeds with these to back it up.

9 Likes

they are in the process of being made. If you share with the group I have zero issues with sending a bit of baby dust. Anyone object pm me.

11 Likes

MY PERSONAL fear with the intersex plants. First The hormone theory has not been proven with peer back research that has been made public to my knowledge. I am a biology student and have a very high bar I need to met to be taken seriously by my peers (other stem background folk). Given the best publicly available verifiable literature I can find plays out like this. Risk causing herms vs potentiality what? a few more females? Why not reverse one at that point and have 1000 to 1 female to male ratio.

I want easy to identify female vs male plants for the community. just my 2 cents. I know I am no fun.

12 Likes