To all the Flower Vapers Vape users Unit

OK got it The Q I also have need to break the parts out Thks
I find also I may stay around 380-390 F
Too Hot after that, my throat is sore today

3 Likes

You may want to play with the temps, the water makes a big difference.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a Q, did the ā€˜D daveā€™ mod and I like it at 190C (374F).
I have learned to like the slow warmup time on the Q, Iā€™ll start sippin about 3 or 4 min. in. I enjoy the light piny tastes and somtimes a tongue tingle. There is a steady progression of flavours to enjoy.

The pre-smoke should not be missed.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Similar to this
The one Rob posted above whoops

1 Like

Well, the first part!!
Much as I would love a bubbler like thatā€¦ I know its life expectancy would best be measured in weeksā€¦ Besides my mouse and keyboard are grumpy enough with my growing collection of ā€œtoolsā€ā€¦
Thatā€™s a good idea for a threadā€¦ Whatā€™s your Grinder!

If you like it - do it!

Cheers
G

1 Like

Did ya see the one Rob posted Nice I guess that too is the D Dave Mod?

I too would break that in a week
@Gpaw what does your rig look like and is it a water chamber

3 Likes

Nothing fancy like that, I mean I appreciate the tek and all but I like simple.

So I got the shorter double adapter and a silver surfer top right angle piece that I thought was slightly absorbent at the time but -15 feet away was a $10,000 bong so I guess itā€™s all relative :nerd_face:ā€¦
It was a good thing I picked up that silver Surfer piece, two days later I snapped the RA piece that came with the unit (and it wasnā€™t rough handling) it is a far better design than the original. and I Kept the whip and tip. :call_me_hand:
My best piece of kit is my Kannastor grinder. Amazing design and execution.

Sorry for rattling on.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Re: temps, before my tolerance got all out of control, Iā€™d start low, and puff till I got no vapor, then crank it 15F, repeat till you hit 410. Which means Iā€™d start at 350F because I usually got 4 temperature increases.

You can do the same thing on a Pax if you have one, use one flower leaf heat level per 15F jump. I know itā€™s not 15F but itā€™s easy to remember when youā€™re otherwise occupied and/or stoned.

3 Likes

Think Iā€™m the only one here with a couple Dynavapā€™s but they donā€™t have any issues vaping flower/kief/hash/rosin/shatter/etc at any RH level, literally does not matter with it at all. Its not digital though, temp is controlled by the cap and where you heat it. The bowl holds ~0.1 grams and If I heat it towards the bottom I get two big fat hits out of a bowl before itā€™s dark brown. If I heat it towards the top itā€™s way more flavorful, cooler, and can get 4-6 decent hits out of a bowl but no big fat ones. 1-2 bowls out of that thing gets me higher than anything else Iā€™ve ever tried. Bout the only downside other than needing a butane torch or induction heater is If you heat it low all the time you definitely need a bong or something as it can get harsh for sure at those high temps.

4 Likes

@STIGGY itā€™s not a actual Ddave mod i was too cheap for that, i went to the smoke shop and bought a 18mm female on both ends adaptor and put a screen in it. It looks very similar but only cost me like $12 and works great.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to have to check out the kannastor, my decade old Cosmic is starting to show its age.

2 Likes

I have one too man, itā€™s my only way of consuminā€™ da herb. Maybe if I start vaping more often Iā€™ll make an induction heater for it. More consistent and less barbaric than a torch.
Sometimes I miss joints thoughā€¦ Not the smoke or high properties of it, just the ritual.

2 Likes

Yes, me too.
I rolled one last week (king size no less) just to see if I could do it in one take (itā€™s been a year+). at the time I was thinking that it used 4 days worth of weed. Which drove home the idea Iā€™ve been basically micro-dosing and didnā€™t know itā€¦ :joy:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Yeah I miss joints and really, blunts. Vaping has ruined it though, combusting in any form tastes terrible to me now :pensive:

4 Likes

Holy Angel

Try turning the vape temp down a bitā€¦It might improve the taste for you as itā€™ll preserve more
of the terpenesā€¦but as youā€™ve mentioned, It
cant replace the smoky taste many of us ā€œold schoolersā€ have become accustomed to.

3 Likes

Thanks! Lower temps definitely help bring out the flavor on the vape!
I meant more that bowls/bongs/joints/blunts(actually combusting the herb instead of vaping it) all taste terrible now that Iā€™ve been vaping for so long. Vaping is the only way I can taste anything other than straight burning now, but none of it tastes as good as it used to taste when combusting. Close though, and thereā€™s some other flavors that come out in the vape, but itā€™s not the same.

Still wonā€™t give up vaping though, it has massively cut down on the amount of herb I need to get medicated.

5 Likes