To all the Flower Vapers Vape users Unit

OK I am not new to my Vape , I have a Solo 1 and Solo 2 as well as the Extreme Q. I have been trying to find the sweet spot on how dry weed should be when Vaped.
I have found my weed stores well at 62% Boveda pks in mason jar (long time) I have had different flower vape better than others, am I missing the trick? I get a few hits at 340F not bad and then boom nothing.
Raise heat up to 370 and get 2 more good hits and done.
How humid should my herb be to get the most out of my buck (grow)
If topic exits delete or move thanks
Stig

4 Likes

I don’t know about humidity but I have all sorts of vapes and I find if I start at a higher temp I get more hits. I have a Mighty and I start at 410F.

I find also you have to pack the flower a little tighter than you might otherwise normally do, then I’ll get some nice hits vs. the looser packed bowls.

5 Likes

410 wow I would be choking my lungs out
That is very close to combustion temps No?

3 Likes

@pufferfishfiend Puffer are you finding at higher temps it becomes more sleepy as opposed to lower temps more heady high (like Sativa do)
I guess my weed is sativa dom

3 Likes

I recently harvested and left away all the popcorn but then thought I could use them as a “light” vape. I vaped some and as it was still fresh I made big clouds, so I was wondering the same: as vaping you dehidrate the bud (no combustion) wouldn’t be curing differently and shorter than if you were going to smoke it?

High temperatures are worse for your lungs, I also had a Mighty but were coughing, so I bought a sort of water filter, water went down to the battery and it was coitus, no warranty about that …

So I finally bought an Hidrology9 and never had a cough since, cold water brings down the temperature and smoothes the vapour, will test that popcorn tonight … :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Some cannabinoids wont even vaporize at 410…you have to have your vape pumped up to 428 for the elusive THCV…:slight_smile:

Lower temp better to preserve terps…Higher temp extracts a greater diversity of cannabinoids…

Cheers

4 Likes

For the budget minded out there AFOAF can fully recommend the Pulsar Flow, has excellent vapor production and cooling channels, still a bit warm but gets the job done!

4 Likes

I too am leaning away from the higher temps myself
@MrToast was not aware of this, I make a lot of tinctures and have never seen trying to obtain THCV , need to look into That. Thks

3 Likes
4 Likes

Nice Read Thank You George
I like this chart too
Going to up the Vape tonight I what the highest vape LOL

Anyone have any good ideas to reduce the throat burn other then water cooler vape George showed?

4 Likes

Aaaaaah, that will leam you to throat ache and you won’t be able to vape again for some time … stretcher|nullxnull

Have a glass of cold water aside and sip some before and after each shot, that helps too.

I will vape tonight in red (higher) level and find out how much truth hides behind that stoner science … :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

It will be funny if we burn our throats and end up not being able to talk tomorrow, Report back , Im going Higher tonight myself.

3 Likes

I see the solo can use a Micro Bubbler has anyone used something like this to cool the vape?
I think George showed something similar

3 Likes

For sure. Lower temps make pretty much any strain more buzzy and the higher temps more narcotic.

And I also regularly smoke joints and hit bongs so my throat/lungs are used to the punishment. I’ll sometimes run either the Mighty or my Dynavap M through my glass to cool it.

4 Likes

This looks fine, at least water won’t fall inside as it was my case … :sweat:

2 Likes

OK Morning Report @George attn
I loaded my tubes a lil heavy and slight pack down firm
pushed temps right up to 395 and vaped away .
Nice plumes of hot almost smoke , hard hits on my lungs but burn to back
of throat was the worst part (used the cool drink in between trick) thks George.
I ran the temp to 428 degs F highest my solo would go and got a nice heavy high more than the 365F was doing.
So all in all I am going to see how the higher temps for for night time use now
Anyone else?

4 Likes

Vaped at the top red temperature and it was like a direct punch box|nullxnull pelea|nullxnull , perhaps too high and coutch-lock fumaoo|nullxnull , didn’t notice high temperature or coughing thanks to the water filtering, bigger clouds but fewer shots and almost complete loss of flavour. I enjoy more the lower step, I suppose it is like sipping slowly a whiskey or drinking all in one shot new_all_coholic|nullxnull , I think I prefer a downshift experience, was fun experimenting doh … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I have the extreme q and rigged this up, really smooth and works well.

6 Likes

Cool
To do this I need a 14mm adapt to 18mm correct

1 Like

A bong that is 18mm female and everything else is what came with the extreme q.

2 Likes