Are all vapes the same?

Have a PAX 3 that I HATE. Have a Volcano that I HATE. Wondering if they are all the same???

Issue is taste…from both it tastes like shit. Burnt nasty taste, regardless of temp setting. No matter how tasty the Bud is I place in them, it all tastes like do do.

When I turn the Pax down to say 1 or 2 bars, a lot of the “burnt” taste goes away, but it is still there, and it just tastes nasty, like Im dry pulling on a joint.

See these YouTube kids all saying to get “flowers” best taste, they vape. MY ASS! Tastes like ass to me.

Thought the Pax 3 and the new Volcano were top notch units, maybe the “taste” is just not well suited to ME???

Anyone else think vape tastes poorly ???

CURIOUS!!! Even Orange Goji or Amnesia Haze taste terrible in the Pax, I just tried both.

3 Likes

Are you re-vaping your ABV? :wink:
That would certainly taste burnt…

I have a convection vape and it doesn’t taste burnt.
I’d think maybe a conduction vape could taste burnt because it applies heat directly to the flower.
So maybe it’s a difference of convection vs conduction?

3 Likes

I have a DaVinci miqro. When it tastes burnt, it’s often spent or dirty. It’s pretty easy to clean and that makes a difference. That said, I’m not a big fan of the clean taste either. Just kind of weak, boring. It may be the micro but I don’t get very high even from strong pot.

1 Like

Are the vapes clean? I used the pax 1 and the Volcano and thought they both worked well. However, they were kinda a lot of maintenance… If I didn’t de gunk them I could tell.

3 Likes

I found most dry herb vapes to have a similar taste. As you get used to the taste, you can pick up subtle differences if flavor again. I used my Arizer Extreme Q desktop and the Magic Flight Launch Box for a portable.

If you have the water pipe attachment, that also helps clean up that “burnt popcorn” taste.

5 Likes

I have a MFLB too and an Aromed as my desk top : )

2 Likes

We have to think about a dry herb vape for the MS patient. Taste will be less important to him(unless it is indeed ‘ass’!) than ease of handling and cleaning. I know nothing of vapes, but have looked at some you are talking about. A portable unit would be right up his alley, to begin with. Are there some that are easier to handle and clean if coordination is somewhat undependable sometimes?
We have looked at PAX, Magic Flight and others. Are they all basically the same? I’d like to try cannabis when it’s legal, and I would like to go this route for myself if it can not taste like ‘ass’. Convection is better for less burnt taste? I will thank you for tolerance for my newbieness, and I really appreciate someone asking if all vapes are the same and for mentioning the ass factor.

2 Likes

I should have mentioned that the best tasting vape I’ve used is the Dynavap. I use the model M which is portable. Doesn’t hold anywhere near as much as a pax, but vapor quality and taste are top notch. No batteries necessary and 100% vapor.

3 Likes

I was using the Hebe Titan II for dry herb, but now I just make e-liquid/tincture with VG/PG and vape with my usually mod. I have found that I get more flavors out of the liquid than I do in the herb. I guess letting it sit for about 3-4 months brings out all the flavors. I made some liquid from some Colorado Cherry Hemp and damned if it didn’t taste like cherry candies. Just have to make sure your atomizer can handle high VG or it will burn it up and give you a burnt taste.

4 Likes

This is the one I use, I can distinguish the flavours between different strains and water helps also for smoothness and taste … :sunglasses:

https://www.cloudious9.com/Hydrology9-Vaporizer--Limited-Time-Holiday-Promo_p_40.html

4 Likes

I have smoked and vaporized both for extended periods.

Smoking mutes the flavor. Vaporizing preserves it. I own both the newest Pax and Volcano. I am not tasting what you are tasting. Maybe you are just having a self fulfilling prophecy going on here or need to clean your gear (Not trying to be offensive, but it happens). The taste logically tapers off towards the end of the bowl, but if you are running one bag on the Volcano at 220C, you will have a well balanced experience without any popcorn taste.

6 Likes

I miss some of the combustion flavors as well but when you get used to Vapes you never go back. The flavours are most noticable on the exhale. Try to chew when you exhale that enhances stuff…
And a good vape is crucial ( Mighty, Ghost, Solo2, Volcano,…). Temps for flavour: 170-185 celsius

Pce

5 Likes

Both the Pax 3 and the Volcano are BRAND NEW, neither dirty.

I can tell the difference with different Buds, but ALL have the “burnt Popcorn” taste ReikoX talks about.

Nope, fresh bag, killer bud, still tastes like crap. To me, smoking them really trounces the taste of this vape thing.
I think it is something you get use to , I will never enjoy it I feel.

Different strokes for different folks. Since I quit smoking cig’s, thought I would give the vape thing a try.

When I make my own E juice (with pressed rosin and EJ Juice mix) it is spectacular and the taste is fantastic, as good as the Bud in joint form I would say.

3 Likes

Apparently there are some design flaws on the Hybrid… the vapor forums are going crazy over it. Troy from 420 Vape Zone did a video on it, but S&B altered the manual clearly as a legal blanket for themselves. An emergency rework seems to be in progress.

Aluminum Dust and Melting Chambers… sad… What a regrettable waste of money. I think there is enough wiggle room to update to a different kind of heating chamber that is safe, but what kind of long term effects have people already been exposed to…

2 Likes

I vape 150mg cbd. I use this OBS Cube. It was $45
I fell it’s compact, has a no spill tank and the mini filters are $13 for a 5 pack. Filter lasts me 3 weeks

Battery is a 18650 and it’s replaceable. Plus has a mini usb to charge.

I had the big toys and this fits in the pocket and it gets the job done. Goes up to 100watts. (How much more do you really need?)

3 Likes

I have an original pax (1). I have it on low and it tastes great until it doesn’t (which is how I know it’s done).

I would judge it overall as “ok I suppose.”

But - it came with a 10 year warranty and we’ve had it replaced 5 times. So good bang for the buck.

Edit: I rarely clean it

3 Likes