To sow or clone… that is the question

The funny thing about finding keepers from seeds quick is they’ll come from similar pools to famous cuts lol

Starting from scratch can be a nightmare, but ultimately that’s how new superior lines are made :ok_hand:

3 Likes

This begs the question of what you holding!?

5 Likes

Prob take him couple days to type all the strains.

4 Likes

Oh Sh!t that made me laugh out loud :joy:

1 Like

Howdy @Smooth, I think elite cuttings from seeds you sow is the way to go! If I may inquire a bit about your individual preferences and such, what types of effects and flavors and attributes are you most interested in? Much love

1 Like

Well…I like different effects at different times. Nothing too racey. Nice uplifting head buzz is nice. Something that brings out creativity and a sense of well being. Something that improves concentration and focus. I like stuff also that helps with pain and helps me to forget the hurt. Im 65 and no serious pain except for some neuropathy in feet and general aches that come with age. And a nice couchlock for relaxing in the evening. I have some sweet tasting stuff but really like dank acrid pungent smell of the skunk I had in my early years. I did grow some C99 years ago and had pineapple pheno I really liked too.

2 Likes

Actually kind of hard to name strains I have liked because so little stuff was named back in the day in my nevk of the woods. . In the last couple years I have had some named varieties and liked all to some degree. I guess I dont have enough experience with todays cultivars to know what I really like. I have been fortunate enough to have aquired from very generous OGers and Wiki winnings some stuff I hope to try. Just gotta get crackin cause my life is in the home stretch.

4 Likes

You know what Im talking bout EG.

1 Like

I hear the keyboard clacking now! It’s on fire

I have no doubt he couldnt name everything he has growing now….and the Vault prob is like a commercial walk in cooler.

1 Like

I stuck to myself and grew seed for years. I never worked with clones others then a few I took from my own graden. I had never dealt with pests during those years either. There was also A LOT of variance of quality between grows because there is variance in seed.

Then I started working with some known clones and it was Pandoras box. I started getting bugs (it’s going to happen eventually) and Sellers that aren’t mis label ing cuts.

However yes there was some cuts that were definitely worth it. So short answer yes worth it but prepare for some struggle.

5 Likes

Yeah I’m just not sure it’ll fit on the site in one download :joy:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your perspective.

1 Like

There is something special about opening a packet of seeds and seeing what comes out.

Elite clones are usually widely seen and smoked when they are made public… I prefer to be the one who releases the clone and not the one who buys it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. It is nice when your selected clone is talked about in your city or circle and it is cultivated and cared for by others.

6 Likes

That’s so true! One of my favorite strains was one we called “Sensimilla.” There was plenty of other “sense” but the one we called Sensimilla in Shasta County California was awesome. I’ve been looking for that skunky weed for some time now.

1 Like

Who’s C99 and PCK did you have? I’ve only smoked/grown the PCK I got that was collected at the source by Hippie Cannabis Genetics but it was absolute fire.

Personally I only grow seeds, I’ve been gifted clones and made seeds with them but I’ve never gone out of my way to go down that path. From my perspective it was always a city/commercial thing, everyone in Detroit metro area are ALL and ONLY about clones, they’re trying to cut as much time and energy out of growing as possible to maximize profits. I mean I get it, you get guaranteed fems of the plant you can visually see. But you also get hermies from from bad actors and pests from folks unwittingly and pay a lot more.

Do you know how big your clone fridge would have to be to house this many clones? And they’d never last a fraction of the time that seeds do. And I can go through my list and pick out whatever I want from 320 cultivars and just grow it. Or breed it. Or give it away so someone can grow it.

Most of my collection I traded for, though I have invested a large sum as well. But that investment could last 20+ years

7 Likes

C99 came from Mosca. The Pakistan Citral Kush came from Ace if I remember correctly. I still have F2’s I made prob 10 years ago. I personally didnt care for it.

1 Like

My PCK looked nothing like that. The purple pheno just had purple at top center of buds. Tasted kinda like licorice

2 Likes

I can relate @Smooth . I’m about 18 months behind you and have lived already far longer than most of my male ancestors.

I’d pop those Cap Junky s1’s you were gifted…

Check out FarmerJoe on ig, last year around this time he had a holiday discount on the cuts he offers. I picked up my first elite last year.

2 Likes