Purple City Genetics (PCG) appreciation thread

Hi all,
I thought i would start a thread specifically to appreciate all the hard work our California clone providers have put in. Specifically, id like to highlight Purple City Genetics for consistently providing quality genetics at a fair price to anyone in California with a pulse and $20. That’s amazing. Im going through and packing up my things. I wont be in a position to grow for a year or so which is a huge bummer. Im packing everything up to put into storage and realizing that PCG has provided me a ton of great memories over the last three years.

Most of these tags were from this season. I believe these are all still wildly distributed so you shouldn’t have too much trouble sourcing them if youre inclined. From the ones of this season the highlights were

• Bob Hope – fantastic daytime high. Super fruity
  • Pineapple Breeze – wtf is this? The oddest sour pheno ever. Velvety buds. Grows like a runt but is worth it
  • Moroccan Peaches – garlicy peaches. Looked like shit in the bag but amazing terps and yielded well. Supposed to wash well but havnt tried
  • Blue Limonene – kinda sucks until after a long cure. Turned into the gem of the rough. Crazy terps and compact bud structure

Of their tried and true cuts you should try

• Grandiguava – sold as “ better yielding gelato”, true to sales pitch
  • Gushmints – yields insane. Decent terps
  • Slurty3 – better bag appeal than gm, lovely colors.

9 Likes

I purchased 2 pcg clones a year ago.
Slurrty3 and Gush mints.
Some of the best weed I have grown.
Can’t wait to get some more of there gear going.

3 Likes

oh nice! ya both those cuts are well proven. slurty is absurdly pretty. in person she is even more beautiful than photos capture. both on the plant and in the bag. i wish i had more / better photos but here is at least one. If you see it dont sleep on the Bob Hope cut. Its the standout of there 2023 line for sure.

Slurty3

8 Likes

Where do you pick the seeds up from? I went to their website and kind of fell in love with this one. Congolese Bubblegum

Ive learned to know about their great offerings from Dr. Tasty aka @genkingx on instagram

They’re only at dispensaries. I saw them at a seed bank but I think that was a scam. It says on their website that you can buy directly with 200+ clone orders. You’d think they’d at least have a store/delivery service in Oakland if they’re everything they say they are on their website. I havent tried them yet but looks like theres nothing on weed maps right now. I remember there were seeds and clones some months ago.

1 Like

ya the clone drop game in CA is ridiculous. You have to keep monitoring their Twitter account in hopes to see a post about your local dispensary, then you have to pretty much immediately drive down and buy them because they sell out in 2-3 days for sure. My local dispensary doesn’t even both adding them to their active stock anymore which… is frustrating. Seems like they drop ~50 cuts per store which is enough to sell out in 2-3 days. That’s how they avoid PM for the most part since its so quick and there are large gaps between drops. That’s legit my only gripe about PCG.

The legal cannabis framework in California is too complicated. The license that PCG has is of type where theyre not allowed to sell cuts directly to the public outside of large events like the cannabis cup. Even if you try to source the cuts directly, they’ll likely refer you to a licensed nursery that they work with if youre counts aren’t high enough.

They mostly sell clones but they do sell seeds. They also sell field test kits for hlvd which are super popular with commercial outdoor growers that just want to periodically monitor their fields.

5 Likes

Got a PCG Bob hope cut, was really excited about it, but right now it’s growing with 3 point chicken feet style leaves, looking mutated but it’s otherwise healthy, you happen to have pictures of your grow of it? much appreciated.

i dont have any pictures of her in veg on hand but she is an odd looking plant for sure. in veg she grew much like a bushy hazy thing, lots of internodes without a whole lot of organized structure. i used to grow alot of their double dream. she kinda does the same thing, i wonder if its a hazy sativa trait (not sure).

the good news is her bud is world class. think of it as a super tropical fruity blue dream. similar high, but much less of that chaparral woodsey taste. not fantastic on bag appeal and a bitch to trim. its a connoisseur cut in the sense that its absolutely fantastic to smoke but not really commerciable. i hope PCG keeps it around as head stash bud. my buddies who run commercial hoop houses ran it last season then switched back to double dream.

heads up, she can be a bit finicky to clone.

hope you enjoy her as much as i do

7 Likes

Thanks for the detailed insight, I also have double dream on deck, DD doesn’t quite have the duckfoot look, but I’ll run it out and see anyway.

Very excited about the effects, and I’ll find out here soon enough about how well BH clones. :crossed_fingers:

Thanks again for your insight :+1:

1 Like

Been growing lots of the offerings from the EU branch of PCG. They only sell seeds and make their own strains from PCG cuts and others. Will see if I find some pics I can post. Watermelon Cooks (PCG Cookies * Watermelon Zkittlez), Torronja ((Grapefruit chem * THC Bomb)* Governmint Oasis) , Wakanda * Strawnana and Purple #40 (GMO * Purple Punch) (GMO leaning pheno) has been the favourites of the 15 PCG strains I’ve grown over the last couple of years.

Got a couple of Morrochoan Peaches crosses, S1s of the same, two governmint oasis crosses and Oakland Piff* THC Bomb on its way in the mail.

It seeds and not clones and from Purple City Genentics.eu, but I can put up some pics when it gets interesting if there is any interest

2 Likes

Moroccan Peaches tastes like damiana leaf and wet hay. Very harsh also.

I have some Grandi Guava
And Papaya Bomb going now in veg for my next run.
Just up potted my clones in to 1 gallon pots.
Pics to come.

1 Like

@Sincitytoker GG is legit af. its a nice modern cookies, report back on the Papaya bomb, the photos ive seen of her are immaculate.

@CocoaCoir hilarious description. i got garlicy notes from Moroccan Peaches, i really liked smoking her for like a month but i hit a wall where she got kinda funky. wouldnt say wet hay but i see your angle. i would describe her as “vegetal”

3 Likes