TopShelfs trees (Part 5)

Goats sound like beagles. Sounds like Willie the Beagle too. The guy got into everything, then ate it. Halloween candy. Weed butter. My dad’s hearing aid. I’ve watched picnics explode! “Did you see where my sandwich went?” He got in a chicken coop and was eating eggs. They put him in a fenced garden. He dug up all the carrots and ate them. I could go on.
I called him my tri-colored goat.

5 Likes

You too @Emeraldgreen

2 Likes

Not sure who this was directed at. @MoBilly likely. Morning Top Shelf Fisherman.

1 Like

MoBilly likely

That’s what I figured too. LOL

1 Like

looking at this i kinda understsnd why some are big into fish aquarium hobbies

and now knowing who my parent friend was growing ganja i remember one friend with a big fish aquarium hobby and hidden grow room
sry it just popped into my head that it makes total sense why havent i think of it before

3 Likes

I love hearing about Willie’s crazy adventures! Haha I wish I met that little rapscallion

1 Like

It’s true, and then there’s the aquaponics guys. It’s really cool how the fish feed the plants, then the people, and the plants do too. It’s quite intriguing and something I’ve always liked the sounds of

4 Likes

Bro you should talk to @Acro he’s said he’s done amazing things that cannabis growers refuse to believe, coming from the coral growing world

Also he’s got a “refined palate” from being a food snob for his old job :wink:

Still need to try the cheese he recommended, that completely slipped my mind.

3 Likes

But yeah acro is like, super totally out of the box in a great way. He’s pushed plants and then some to find the edges.

2 Likes

Always was stoked on this video.

4 Likes

Talking to guys like acro is how I find out what plants are super resilient hybridization tools. People sleep on oreoz as a tool

3 Likes

I’m stoked, Brother. I can’t wait.

2 Likes

I love that one too!

Me neither, trust me

Raclette maybe?

No, it was some kind of wine and berry flavored cheese from a company he recommended. I saw it at the food store.

1 Like

That is some great cheese.

2 Likes

The coolest version of this practice I’ve ever seen was in an urban farming tv show.

A family in SoCal bought a house with a pool but didn’t want to use the pool. Instead of filling it in they built in stairs and raised beds along the outer edges of the pool on the deck, and in along walls of the shallow end and terraced 1/2 way into the deep-end using it’s “natural” slope.

In the latter 1/2 of the deep end was a pond that contained duck weed and tilapia. A filtered pump running off of solar power was in the deepest part pulling the water all the way up to the deck’s raised beds feeding them consistently allowing for saturation but not soaking. The run-off travels down into the pool doing the same thing for all the beds going down until the last run-off ends up in the pond with the fish.

The kicker was above the deep end was a chicken coop with and open screened floor containing 4 laying hens, plenty of roosts and laying boxes coming out onto the deep-end’s side of the deck.

Each terrace provides a different micro-climate for different types of plants with humidity increasing and temps decreasing the deeper you go. The pond supplies the nutrients and h20 required for the green biomass to keep going. The chickens provide eggs, and their poop is consumed by the tilapia who also eat the duck weed and turn the chicken poop into fish poop. They have shade and food from the duck-weed but the excess duck weed is then scooped, dried and fed as part of the chicken feed!

One day I wanna do something like this as my yard has a hill. But the biomass we already sustain has too many mammals that’ll fuck up the fish if not protected, and the city has removed their urban chicken program because in general they are fuckers.

5 Likes

Goddamn, what an amazing and intricate ecosystem.

3 Likes

That sounds absolutely epic! Damn