TopShelfs trees (Part 5)

Need more info for real. Over or under watering can lead to lock out. Ph can also. Ppm. And the way those leaves are curling up could also have a light issue in there. @HighTilliDie

3 Likes

Looks hella overfed to me. What’s his runoff ph and ec if possible

2 Likes

I’ll ask for more information and report back

2 Likes

I know he is a soil grower and not very experienced. Last I checked he was running the fox farm line (the trio) and using a small cardboard box and cheap light for a grow environment

2 Likes

Dryback issues

4 Likes

With that added info I’d agree

2 Likes

So it looks like several problems to me. :frowning:

Since the leaves are so twisted upwards, it is very likely that the plant is over-salted and over-watered. The deficiency in the picture looks like a combination of zinc, iron and magnesium. Which in turn points to pH problems - you all know what a rat’s nest it is sometimes. Nitrogen problems are not really visible and look different in my opinion, but this could also be due to the color of the picture.

If I were you, I would give your colleague 5 new cuttings :smiley: That would save him a lot of frustration.

2 Likes

Also I’ve noticed if plants get locked out they won’t or aren’t able to uptake the water. Which makes sense because if it’s not able to get the right nutrient ratio it’s not going to be able to utilize the water to grow.

2 Likes

Over time I’ve had people emphasize to me that a plant needs the right ratios of all the stuff it needs for growth. If you increase light or co2 without increasing feed or nutrients for example, you won’t see those effects. There is always some sort of bottleneck when you are looking at the big picture and that’s what you should look for and alleviate.

4 Likes

Or increasing feed without increasing lighting for example

So I think of the plants as like an Olympian runner, gymnast, powerlifter etc

They all have different needs like nutrient ratio etc and need them to be met appropriately, without any part of that ratio being neglected.

4 Likes

Yes ratios are very important, if not the most important thing, what many people often forget is that the ratios change immediately when the plant drinks more/less when it gets warmer/cooler and so on and so forth.

that is so true my friend! but only one thing after another

3 Likes

When it’s really hot in here I cut my feed in half because they get watered twice as often. Give or take.

6 Likes

I never thought about that! Food for thought

2 Likes

Definitely something to take into consideration. Especially for me since I have no control over temps.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s exactly how you should do it . :slight_smile: But if you’re totally new to growing, things like that go under the radar because most people are more concerned about the EC.
ps : many see the fertilizer as food which is not true at all it is more vitamins

3 Likes

I have limited control over them when my ac isn’t in. I’m sure it will still fluctuate with the ac.

2 Likes

My black tent backs onto a full length window that gets full day sun. It can get really hot in there in summer.

2 Likes

I assume you mean going in

That’s why I was telling a buddy the other month, he just shouted me out for it, that if you have an EC meter you can’t just check the inputs. You need to check the outputs to verify what’s going on with your plant.

2 Likes

but you have controll over the water and nuts that’ is good enough . every grow has its factors that not that much controllable

2 Likes

Maybe put mylar of privacy film up? If possible

2 Likes