TopShelfs trees (Part 5)

That don’t look :eyes: good!

4 Likes

Yeah thats probably a 5-10 grand fuck up and puts us a day to 3 days behind schedule depending on repair time and that’s IF we have the parts in hand and don’t have to order anything otherwise could be like 2 weeks max

5 Likes

Good morning everyone.

Slept more than 8 hours three nights in a row now… must be something in the water! I gotta say though, the Florida/NY game and the Edmonton/Dallas game the night before have been absolutely bonkers! Very good games IMO. I would be so happy to see Edmonton vs New York of the cup.

I wish you all a beloved holiday(or weekend or folks outside of US). Much love to you all!

2 Likes

It’s hash
Hash in the water

1 Like

Man, I swear that was a clutch flyweight till I zoomed in. How the HECK did that happen?

1 Like

People who treat their tools like shit also treat machines like shit
“Oops, it broke”

2 Likes

Yup pretty sad when you’re into tools and hardware and someone blatantly neglects things(not plants - pokes with stick)

To be honest I do enjoy tinkering in the garage, fixing things, restoring older things. But most of my time is probably spent blasting air from the compressor, cleaning stuff… Tinkering! The neighbors probably think i’m that crazy cat man. (see a ramble) But yeah, I enjoy fixing shit. It’s not fun to fix neglected gear. Sorry @HighTilliDie you were just saying you were over the work drama too :frowning:

3 Likes

Good morning fam. It’s great to see all the concern and love for our brother top shelf. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend.

4 Likes

Here are some pics of the rest of the carnage. So it was a issue we’ve been reporting to maint for idk how long and it will boil down to operator error bypassing a failed index alarm saying hey the tooling isn’t lined up or maintenance not doing their job. Last pic is what that is supposed to look like it’s a sleeve for the tooling to hold it in place while being punched

7 Likes

woah! That’s quite impressive. I seen the tooling in the back and assumed it was for a mill. I haven’t had the pleasure to use a mill or a metal lathe. But a press. Crazy how it broke but I can kinda see how it would, especially if indexing in super tight tolerances.

Those are some sweet die’s! I was shopping some louver (sp) and dimple dies for a 12ton. Those will have to wait a while $$$… I could only imagine how much those up there are.

Anyway, I hope your day goes better

Edit: holy shit… i see that it’s broken off in the sleeve! what a mess

4 Likes

The way I saw it described in a way I liked,

People will do anything to see the dancing baby

Doesn’t matter how much you tell them, don’t do this, don’t click that, don’t open attachments from strangers, don’t disable your anti-virus, don’t disable the safety switch on your press, don’t break tools, etc

They just see a thing they want to do and get rid of anything that’s stopping them

3 Likes

hahah good ol’ reverse psychology ehh?

Sir… whatever you do… DO stick you finger in that electrical socket

2 Likes

I ran German printing presses. Certain parts came from “Hans on the Rhine”. If my press went down on swing shit, you’d find me working on it when you arrived @HighTilliDie . Not some bullshit note that says “sorry”. Then see they clocked out when it broke.

6 Likes

Is that a reference I should Google?

2 Likes

Lol I wish! Oh well just today and 1 more then I’m off again

3 Likes

Good morning everyone!

6 Likes

Good morning guys! How y’all have a. Good three day weekend!

6 Likes

@Hotrods_and_hounds
You as well my friend!

4 Likes

Good morning brothas :coffee: :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

@HighTilliDie I can only imagine the force it took to break it into 3 pieces. Are they designed to fail in that way to avoid shrapnel if failure does occur?

5 Likes

I’m not sure it’s probably a softer metal tho that way cheaper parts or less important parts break first

2 Likes