TopShelfs trees (Part 5)

What you gotta do to get a cheap appliances I’d send the old lady in there tell her to take a lumber cart ram the side of the new dishwasher which ever side is going to be covered. Then go in there like ten min after she leaves and buy the scratch and dent sale lol!

4 Likes

As much as I enjoy the hardware store, I truely HATE those big box hardware stores. What they get away with charging should be criminal… but alas, sometime you need that thing.

Metal is my thing and I don’t even consider looking at those big box places. It’s best to get old school, pick up the phone and call local yards. Are lumber mills open for the average person? Some steel yards are, not all, and say they are but put a crazy tonnage minimum that no normal person could possibly accommodate.

4 Likes

Right. I make friends with who ever is working at various supply houses around town. There’s a plumbing supply house that doesn’t work with the general public but they just put my orders on other companies cash accounts. Their prices on anything are like 50-75% lower than the big box stores. It’s wild.

5 Likes

I still have to finish my kitchen cabinets by adding doors to the carcasses.
I planned on using 18 mm Baltic Birch, but since the war in Ukraine shipments of Baltic Birch are too high.

4 Likes

The guy I talked to today told me they were sourcing their birch from India right now and he leaned in close and whispered that it’s garbage.

5 Likes

Birch India?
I wonder if it grows in the high altitude region of the Himalayas?
Baltic Birch pywood is some great stuff.

5 Likes

good morning @TopShelfTrees1 and the OG family! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

7 Likes

greetings fellow early bird hope your coffee is warm and smoothly strong have a dank day

7 Likes

Good morning everyone

:tophat: :sun_with_face: :coffee:

8 Likes

Good morning brothas :coffee: :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

Hope everyones having a great week!

6 Likes

Good morning everyone!

6 Likes

Good morning @TopShelfTrees1 and everyone else. Hope it’s off to a great start.

5 Likes

Good morning everyone. Have a great day

5 Likes

Morning @TopShelfTrees1 . You about ready to return to the scene of the crime yet? PEACE. CP.

8 Likes

Good afternoon everyone! Hope yall are having a great day! Hey @Indicana_Jones have you thought about the dings and dents section at lowes they are discounted prices and only visual not affecting performance

4 Likes

I’ve been setting up my new tent past 2 days now. I didn’t intend wire management to take so long and be such a toll to my back looking right up and reaching between the lights but it looks great so far! Few more things to plug in and hopefully I can get it done tomorrow morning because it will be too late by the time I get back home from my dad’s. Bonus pic at the end I made some carrot cupcakes with cream cheese icing

14 Likes

Very clean.

What led strips do you use? I need to replace my cobs soon’ish and I would love to get strips

3 Likes

That looks good. Wire management is part of my afternoon in my 3x3. Nothing in it, but not for long. Got about 20 Solos to go in 5" squares in a few days. I could let them be, but they’ll thank me soon enough. Good timing.
I don’t like Harbor Freight for zip ties. They get brittle in the tent heat.

3 Likes

Can yall guess what im doing?

5 Likes

Walter white over here.:grin:

9 Likes