TopShelfs trees (Part 5)

Right. I’m looking at $86-$115 a sheet for maple ply 1/2" and 3/4". Sticker shock had me doubled over. But for real I’m looking at building my entire kitchen for like $1500 in plywood if I go with maple. I’m gonna keep price shopping.

6 Likes

@Indicana_Jones now is that cause it’s maple? Out here we have a bunch in of pine, birch and Douglas and it runs about 45 a sheet.

6 Likes

Tomorrow my mission is to go to my local lumber yard where they know me by name and tell them I need them to beat some horseshit ass prices just to see what they say. I asked a while ago and I feel like they told me they had 3/4 birch for like $50 a sheet.

6 Likes

Yeah that’s not bad, but but damn at a bill a sheet I’m buying three acres of land cutting some trees down and working a deal with the saw mill.

6 Likes

I haven’t purchased plywood in a long ass time but the cost difference may be the kind of plywood it is; construction plywood vs pre-finshed? near 100 bucks sound like an awful lot

4 Likes

Even at a $100 a sheet, I’m still only looking at $1000 to build 25 cabinet carcasses. I’m fixing to build a $40,000 kitchen for like $4000 maybe. Fingers crossed lol.

10 Likes

Hell yeah you doin all new alliances a stuff? also you guys got any Amish out there?

6 Likes

Hah. Holy hell. I’m gonna ride out these appliances I got for a little bit I think. I priced out a 4 piece package that was like $12,000 for some reason. Why are dishwashers $1500 anymore lol.

4 Likes

What kinda dishwasher? I see em for 500 bucks on Google. Is it a certain feature you’re looking for?

4 Likes

Okay okay. I see now. I was walking through Lowe’s today and I just walked past the appliance section and I saw $1200, $1000, $1500 and I just started laughing and didn’t look at anything else. As long as it makes the dishes wet, I could really care less.

3 Likes

Lowes probably big markup

3 Likes

Plus big box stores love talking you into buying a fancy appliance instead of the bare bones model

3 Likes

Yeah online I just saw they have all types of models from $399 and up. I was probably looking at the model that has a built in TV or what ever bullshit.

3 Likes

Family member has one of those expensive Samsung washer dryer sets and the washer broke 4 times in 1 year. Other family has one of the fancy name brand fridges and the ice machine broke after a year or two, and the coils freeze over periodically because the heater failed. Not sure where the money goes during development but it sure as shit isn’t toward making the products last longer :joy:

5 Likes

Planned obsolescence. Gotta look for the models you can fix, or ones with good reviews / feedback

3 Likes

Very frustrating in the tv sector I think, as smart TVs seem standard now

Lots come with problems down the line

3 Likes

I’m thinking that price is no longer available. I think I just heard 190 for similar sheet

4 Likes

No no no no. It’s only been a few months.

4 Likes

I know there is shortage on alder to where no one is even taking orders to build with that right now. “We in trouble, girl!”

4 Likes

I’ve said it before

I don’t like the way things are headed. The economy’s a paper tiger.

I don’t like to dwell on it too much but that’s why I just paid 865 for new tires and take care of my car. Might have to last me a while if shit goes sideways. Stuff like that. I dunno, it’s depressing to think about the bad scenarios.

6 Likes