TopShelfs trees (Part 5)

@TrichomesToStun I talked to him a bit yesterday, seems to be doing better

Good morning all

6 Likes

awesome news!

Good morning to you and I hope you are getting better as well!

Weā€™re all peeling over like over ripe bananas lol.

3 Likes

Afternoon folks!

:v:

5 Likes

Iā€™m getting better but itā€™s extremely stressful because I have a hard time figuring out what I can do without hurting myself.

4 Likes

I hear ya. And itā€™s hard to say youā€™re ā€œnot doing anything todayā€ I always end up going overboard those days.

4 Likes

I say this sometimes. And I really mean it when I say it.

3 Likes

I end up doing nothing but the way i am is, thatā€™s way more stressful than actually doing work

Itā€™s like building up this wall to ignore all your obligations

2 Likes

I submit that you should choose the obligations which suit you. The dishes in the sink will still be there tomorrow.

Sometimes they should be shirked.

And being bored is a necessary skill I think.

5 Likes

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after.

5 Likes

I donā€™t do middle ground very well. Itā€™s either all action or all lethargy.

So taking a day for myself is less a choice than a necessity. If I try to be productive on a lethargic day it takes me 5 times longer to perform even simple tasks.

So I wait until Iā€™m better able and more efficient.

4 Likes

My autistic brain: hey man your plants are dying
Me: right, but thats just the way it is. I have to heal.
My autistic brain: :rage:
My autistic brain, trauma edition: ok sure, just sit there and smoke weed. Here, let me replay the top 5 times you were insulted for being lazy

I mean this is a slight exaggeration but itā€™s hard to overcome my ā€œfeatures.ā€ Itā€™s a work in progress and I feel like crap right now. I might be repeating myself but yeah, just gonna focus on the light in the tunnel.

5 Likes

Hard outta likes.

Mmmmmmmm, lethargy. :yum:

3 Likes

I submit that lethargy + chemdog is the best

1 Like

My ex wife had the balls to call me lazy after I worked 2 jobs 16 hours a day for 2 years.

Fuck them all let them think what they like.

5 Likes

I actually agree. But it takes work to overcome that.

One thing I liked was, like

You know that saying, ā€œliving up to your potentialā€ and how gifted kids supposedly donā€™t?

Well, thatā€™s garbage. Iā€™m living up to my potential right now. Thatā€™s my 100%. There isnā€™t more. Thats like saying, why arenā€™t you guys at work right now. Why arenā€™t you squeezing every day for itā€™s full potential. Turns out we are living up to our potential if we are trying.

3 Likes

I know one or two gifted kids. What constitutes potential depends on values. Im not really money motivated so living up to my potential isnā€™t monetary.

Being a good person and living a full life of fun and adventures and looking good doing it. Thatā€™s my potential and I am succeeding.

Fuck you 3rd grade Mrs Jones

8 Likes

Thatā€™s definitely part of what I mean. Itā€™s this mindset that you should be like, sigma grindset millionaire or youā€™re a bum, that some people seem to have

3 Likes

This is on purpose. If you are not contributing to the economy then you are bad bad bad. Work hard and you will be rewarded in the next life.

4 Likes

I know part of it is the whole calvinist idea of value/goodness = productivity

As you mentioned itā€™s actually quite rewarding being a good person foremost instead

2 Likes

There is something to be said thatā€™s good about hard work.

Iā€™m a half a scholar on happiness and thereā€™s a Hungarian philosopher whose name I can never spell or remember who basically says that happiness comes from flow. Which means being in the moment, doing something youā€™re good at, solving problems that are not beyond you, reaching attainable goals.

Iā€™ve experienced flow and there might be something to it.

3 Likes