TopShelfs trees (Part 5)

I do enjoy the flow state

But I think there’s an aspect of actually creating, whether electronically or physically etc, that makes you feel good. Like writing a book is an accomplishment.

3 Likes

I wrote a book and it brought me significantly less joy than I thought it would. Even accounting for a sense of accomplishment.

4 Likes

You’re not Patrick Rothfuss are you?

4 Likes

Probably only a few people will get that but it’ll be worth it.

2 Likes

No I’m not. I’m just a guy who doesn’t sleep and the book was entirely written at night.

But I do get some sense of accomplishment from it.

2 Likes

I enjoyed writing a third of a short book. But then again, I never finished it.

2 Likes

Still time.

If you think it will bring you pleasure then go for it.

If your mobility is not the best writing might be a good choice if it’s something you enjoy.

My father writes 5 hours a day.

2 Likes

noted
must monocrop a run with chem91 now

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll re read it and edit the parts my mom said were unclear. And post it here so you guys can read it. It’s fictional and involves weed.

1 Like

I meant more so the D and relatives

1 Like

Writing is not actually writing. It’s editing.

But sure pass along a snippet I’d like to see.

2 Likes

so the 91 is considered less ?or apart?

2 Likes

Will do later then. My mom also said it was OK to satirize a politican, but to leave his wife’s name out of it. So i guess I gotta change that.

2 Likes

Not less. But I know some people say it’s more of a head high, and the most potent cultivar they’ve had

I can’t really comment yet

1 Like

Constructive criticism is good but the choice is ultimately yours. It’s your story.

Something I feel is important, at least in my own work, is not to make it too temporal. A certain freedom from time makes it more universal.

2 Likes

I mean, it seems like reasonable feedback. She’s saying like, that makes it too personal like an attack on their family or something.

2 Likes

If the advice suits you then take it. Good feedback is hard to find. Bad feedback is easy to find.

3 Likes

Definitely. I’ve learned to take some feedback less seriously.

2 Likes

I was asked to read a piece of young adult fiction as a favour to another writer. I would never pick up such a book myself. It’s not my scene. But I read it.

When giving criticism I always give two positives and two places for improvement.

The YA book was pretty good. It was fun. It flowed. But I still had a couple of critical things to say.

5 Likes

Patrick Rothfuss

I got you, fam! Didn’t read them, but have a good friend that complains constantly.

3 Likes