Trehalose what is it? How does it effect plant growth? How does it help with stress such as salt, drought or freezing?

This should be pretty cheap

1 Like

Thanks man, I’m honestly curious to try it as a sugar substitute too :joy:

1 Like

@shag as you know im doing some testing" how to beat the hplvd"
I try to save my grow system that i developed in the last years this is after i had full blown hplvd in december, and lost all my elite motherplants.
We can not cure hplvd so to save my grow style i came up with
" how to out run hplvd"
all these plants are infected with this viroid ( i planted them in between the hplvd plants and im using recirculating ebb and and flow, but only 2 plants stunted and 3 had hplvd hairy small buds only on the lowest part of the plants, but the head bud is "normal "
Now i will continue testing with trehalose and chitosan
Here some pics harvest 1 week early because my other test sets are getting to big

these are te smaller plants

3 Likes

Here the bigger ones

3 Likes

Looks to me like you out ran the virus.
Nice work!
Keep us posted on the future results.

Thank you again
Shag

3 Likes

Yes these are planten in the worst case scenario and result is very good in 2 -3 weeks is the next set ready and looking even better now im testing them with trehalose and chitosan so let see if i can surpress hplvd even more and when results are in i will start with everything new so 0 hplvd and then i should have no problems anymore by using my protcol (that i tested in the worst case scenario :wink:)

2 Likes

Im sprayed some hplvd infected clones with the trehalose chito msg mix and the clone/plants are growing big strong and dark green looks very promising lets see what the do in flower
I have 3 already in flower and these are much better than before​:wink::ok_hand:

3 Likes

@shag here are the plants 1week to 10 days before harvest .( test set #2)
These are all hplvd test plants that are sprayed 2x trehalose and msg and 1 x chito,treha, msg , and 1x chito ,msg,salicylic these are other strains but a huge difference in stickiness
The stickiness is not normal defoliating today my fingers are all glued up

7 Likes

That is impressive. :star_struck:
A whole team of solo-cup winners too.
My compliments to the chef. :drooling_face:
Nice work!
Thanks for all the details of the experiment, I wish more folks would try this. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@shag poor timing for me to do more than look right now. I’m thinking at some point do this in my 3x3, or somethinglike it. Attempt to anyways. I need to get back where it’s a bit smoother sailing before I change up much. Similar to our nutrient chat. “Going pretty darn good. Maybe change later, or maybe not.” I’ve been feeling good about pulling off a couple low stress grows. On me that is. Plants too. Still using the Lucas program you steered me towards what
2 years now? About. Normal add ons, in moderation. Hygrozyme, gypsum, molasses, CaliMagic, Kool Bloom. Some juice a mad scientist shared with me. Need to figure out how to get more. Was looking at BudBusterPro too.

1 Like

If you did start to use it, you would just use an ultra low dose spray for a slight boost in health and protection.
But I agree, wait until your bored to add it to the routine, you do not need this product, it is just an add on.

Just send me your address
 :slightly_smiling_face:

I have heard good things about it.
But mine will cost you less. :money_mouth_face:

I have heard there are better choices for enzymes.
Also fresh is very important so the less commercial the better.

I will bottle up some juice for you and give you a shout when it is ready for ya. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I have researched how anti-virals work.
They don’t seem to kill a virus, you can not kill something that is not alive.
What they seem to do in the case of covid type viruses anyway is blunt the spikes or protrusions making it harder for the virus to attach therefore it is not affecting as many cells or replicating.
The virus is being suppressed.

I feel that is what we are seeing in @tamimes experiments.
The virus is still present but is not spreading or affecting very many cells.

Think of Magic Johnson as an example, he still has the virus but there really is not any sign of it, and it does not seem to affect his health much.
The virus is suppressed.

Much love to my man @tamimes for the work he has put into this project and to come here and show and tell everyone is awesome and I thank you greatly:heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
We had the science papers that tell us it should work, now we have a real world account that proves it does in fact work.

I find it funny that 2 stoners on opposite ends of the earth have come up with a valid way to suppress a virus that is running rampant throughout the world and all we get are crickets
 :thinking:

You folks are hard to impress.
This is a tough crowd for sure.

I am no lab guy, but if I were a betting man, my money is on the fact that if you suppress the virus properly and for long enough like they do in tissue culture, you may just be able to take the very top cutting of the plant and get it test virus free without tissue culture.

To me that would be big news, but we will probably only get a image

5 Likes

How much does it cost to cure HLVD, then? :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness: it’s an interesting hypothesis. I don’t think we know conclusively that trehalose does anything to suppress HLVD though, rather than this simply being the presentation of the latent viroid before it’s activated. You’d need to find someone who’s actively having a HLVD outbreak to do that kind of testing, and then a lot of PCR tests to verify whether it actually worked or just made it latent again by reducing the viral load. Then you’d need to have a control group being run under the exact same conditions minus the trehalose, which it doesn’t seem we have here. Then, finally, a test to prove that clones cut after long treatment actually come out virus-free and don’t develop it later. I’m not sure we’re capable of proving it here; I know I certainly don’t have the equipment.

4 Likes

$180,000.00 :rofl:

Nope, not specifically.
But we do have studies that show conclusively that Trehalose works as an anti-viral.
So to assume it is effective on HLVD or any other cannabis virus should not be too much of a stretch in my opinion.
In other words it is safe to assume it probably works on HLVD.
Unless you see a scientific reason to believe it should not, I personally see no reason to doubt its effectiveness.

I am pretty sure @tamimes describes perfectly his conditions, I would say that qualifies, did you miss that part or do you disagree with my assessment?
And yes all the lab tests and such would be needed to publish a scientific paper but I do not intend to do such a thing.

My proposed action was described above.

This is something that any of us could do for the cost of 1 or 2 tests, hopefully anyhow. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Cormoran
For reference to my statement above.

I should’ve been more specific. They need to not only be having an HLVD outbreak, but we need to actually see the dudding reversed or get viroid levels to know this is anything other than plants infected with a latent viroid that hasn’t manifested itself yet. As far as I know, it manifests due to stress, and taking excellent care of the plants like feeding them trehalose and chitosan oligosaccharides and all this might simply be suppressing the manifestation. In other words, more testing. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s a neat hypothesis otherwise, but not entirely conclusive. Weren’t the plants that showed signs of dudding still showing those signs?

So to be clear here about what I am proposing.

Treat the infected plant(s) with multiple types of anti-viral compounds until there are no visible signs of the virus.
Take a test.
If the test is still positive, treat the plant again and possible increase the strength of the treatment.
Repeat this until test plant dies from over treatment, back off those numbers just enough to keep the plant heathy and there we will find those magic numbers.

Once a good strong effective solution has been established treat a fresh set of plants with that for a to be determined duration and take the smallest cutting possible.

I also propose some brassinolide to make the growing tip go into overdrive thus increasing the tips growth dramatically hoping to so called “out run the virus”

After all of that, have her tested again and see if she is still positive.
I have heard stories of some folks cuttin the top tip and not having it pass on the virus even without anti-viral treatments.
So I am optimistic, but maybe someone will try it and then we will see for ourselves.

2 Likes

What I was trying to say here was

If I had a spray on the market today, and it was proven to allow you to take your virus infected plants to harvest without loss of yeild or quality, I think it would be a best seller.
If it were in a bottle folks would be talking about it everywhere.
People love the bottles, commercial ag guys shake their heads at that. :thinking:

Someone will read this and steal the idea and put it in a bottle.
Who knows maybe they are perfecting it right now as we speak. :rofl:

@tamimes and I are trying to give it away for free.
I wonder what folks would pay for a bottle of this?
What would it be worth to you? :thinking:

1 Like

I agree, like magic, he is not cured as far as I know, just not manifesting.
And yes this would be just a suppression on the virus manifesting itself.

Keep the sleeping virus sleeping.

And to touch on this a bit.
No, I do not think it could reverse damage done already but I do think it may stop the damage in its tracks.

It could do this by limiting or stopping the spread of the virus to other cells.
If it can not infect other cells it can not continue to replicate itself.
It will in hope be forced to sit there sleeping.
And yes, it could still pass the virus on.

Prior to anti-viral treatment yes, I do not believe so after treatment.
But @tamimes should answer that, anything I say is just an interpretation on his findings, so I would hate to misquote here.

1 Like

@shag you discribe it perfectly my english is not that good to explain everything in detailsđŸ„°
@Cormoran im testing to save my system of growing first!! That is high density perpetual sog in non stop reusable medium (mapito) and also i have only 80cm total hight and 1 mtr total hight!!! And 2x diy 300w led
In this system im reaching easy 4 to 5 gram /watt on yearly bases ( im harvesting 26 times a year)
That i need to save first!!!
By save i mean( shag describes it perfectly) HOW bring my production back to normal even Having full blown hplvd in my system!!! I grow perpetue in a 1 tank recirculating system . So 1 plant hplvd all will have it!!!
How do you save that?? Everybody will throw away everything and start fresh and new!! I can not disinfect between grows because i have 5 sets of different bloom stages in my cabinet
So the last pics that i posted are from my nex to harvest plants and then i have 4 more sets in the system
I think i foud a way to out run hplvd!! For my system
see previous postings

Now comming back on your point about reversing or stopping hplvd that was not my priority but i have news im having 2 sets of clones of my old infected motherplants that got the same spray and are in flower
Pics will follow
I took a new cutting from all after the spraying and before putting in bloom😉
To keep your eyes happy i have some pics of exactly what you want😘

This is a pic of this morning of my best ril gorilla bubble can you see that it is hplvd infected( hope we agree)
This clone is also sprayed you can see the difference in leaves the top is bigger and looks healthier
I will clone the top and do the same prosses and see by time if im able to surpress the hplvd in the plants but my system must be solved first if not it wont work(hope we agree there)
I will put this plant in flower after topping so the lower horrible hplvd branches need to produce :wink: will post my findings

1 Like