TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 4: "The Hunger Games"

Thanks for the tip. I get that on my home made lights, Its a prong that gets pushed down, sometimes it stays down and doesn’t connect, but I have never had them short out.

175W is ample for what I need all my bulbs are a mix of 16W and 11W.

3 Likes

10 Likes

Rained last night, 501st x SB a little droopy today not sure why she hasn’t perked back up yet. Still waiting on the 2 trees to go into full bloom but I would think any day now

12 Likes

There looking really good Trev, that rain was welcomed, filled a 30 liter bucket and 70 liter tote 3/4 full each. It was the last week in August last year, before my outside GDP started to go into flower, but I think that was more dew to the ambient light at night here and why I got autos this year.

Just been down to crappy tire, for a spark plug for the lawn mower, they have 60W equivalent 5000k LEDs on sale pack of 8 for $14.87. Ordered the splitters yesterday, I got 8 X 7 bulb ones for $54 so I will need more bulbs. Going to check Costco’s prices in a minute see if they can beat the crappy tire prices.

4 Likes

If you have an Ace Hardware about, check them out. Lowest prices I’ve been able to find on SILs. 10 pk of 60w equivalent, 10w actual for $11.99, and that’s the normal price. A lot of times in the store they have a bunch on clearance for 50% off

3 Likes

Wow I do have one close by I will check them out, thanks for the heads up man :+1:

3 Likes

I wait until efficiencyNS rebate seasons and gobble them up. They were a buck a bulb last fall. Home Hardware often has sales on Philips brand bulbs which have higher chip density for as low as $2 a bulb

So yeah $2.50 should be max you’re paying per bulb so 8 for 14.99 ain’t bad at all especially out of season.

Another funny thing you can do is call up efficiencyNS and they will replace all the bulbs in your home with 40-60w LEDs for free. No questions asked they just come in take out the old incandescent bulbs and give you new ones. My sister even went and bought cheap incandescent bulbs so she could get even more LEDs lol

6 Likes

Yeh they came and did that 18 months ago unfortunately.

Do they have an outlet to buy them at, how do you get them?

$1.75 at costco so far is the best I found.

2 Likes

Its instant rebates usually in the fall and early spring. Just gotta pay attention to the flyers and stuff. They are province wide in all stores even walmart so when you go into the lightbulb section you’ll see a “efficiencyNS” sticker or something next to the price tags of alot of bulbs during that season.

Pair that with a weekly sale, buck a bulb.

Kent is where I got my $1 bulbs I think it was something like regular $6 for a 2 pack, but were on sale for $4 and an additional $2 rebate at the cashier for $2 total per pack.

These rebate seasons exist in most provinces and I’m sure in lots of other places too so this info applies to everyone.

2 Likes

Cheers man, I just signed up for there news letter so I know when to look.

1 Like

Nice having someone to help source stuff locally, I’m sure I’ll be asking “where did you get your ____” at some point haha

1 Like

Check out my totally awesome state of the art panning security camera I rigged up.

And it works with the sonoff app!

15 Likes

I love it :joy: It dont get much more red neck than that. :clap:

I have a spare old phone, that I was going to set up, but I thought I will have to get it and charge it up every day, so didnt bother, never thought of plugging the charger in out their, and just letting stay on charge constantly duuuuuggghhhh.

5 Likes

probably be the dollar store lmao.

2 Likes

Dollar store is my go to haha

2 Likes

I must admit I like the redneck CCTV :rofl:

3 Likes

It even has a feature that let’s me talk to them (and they can talk back to me, too)

3 Likes

I like this set-up. What are the bulb strengths 100w?

2 Likes

Thanks. I like to keep things simple and low cost.

The bulbs are 60w equivalent, 9w, which I’ve found to be more than enough if spacing is decent.

3 Likes

Looking good!! Can’t wait to see how they turn out.

1 Like