TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 4: "The Hunger Games"

We used power strips and uncapped 60w bulbs in a veg tent. They really are good for the cost.

2 Likes

Tent plants were BONE dry this morning. If I sleep more than 8 hours my plants start to die. I need to get back on some sort of automatic irrigation system. Also had a top grow 3 inches overnight and up into the lights, so got a bit burnt but was superficial.

11 Likes

No, you need to sleep less :joy:

There are some leaves showing a bit of heat/light stress, on your top pic is that the fast growing one?

Thats a good growth rate, 3 inches in a night, My C99XGHP may be getting like that soon, but I hope not lol.

2 Likes

Yeah that top had grown right up into the light this morning after being roughly 3 inches below it yesterday afternoon. I thought it was done stretching but it fooled me. Likely was only pressed against the light for a couple hours so it was just superficial damage.

I kind of wanted to refrain from flopping the top of this plant over for reasons, but it might force my hand if it stretches again tonight.

3 Likes

What size pots do you have them in? If the tent will allow you to increase the pot size, that would increase the time you have between watering.

3 Likes

That’s kind of my plan next round actually.

They are in 3L pots now, I might try something around double that size next round I dont know yet.

These smaller pot sizes are great because you can feed more frequently, but if its not automated then it’s easy to fall behind.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s a pretty small container. I would think 2 gallon should be the minimum. Getting some extra time between watering/feedings is really convenient.

3 Likes

Its really all about finding a balance. 2gal should be fine if I’m going to continue to hand water, but dont want to go too big else the plants will outgrow the space. I really like the size of plant these 3L pots produce it’s just hand watering them while I rework my irrigation system is hard to keep up with.

I’ve hand watered these size pots to harvest before but this round in particular dries really fast, plus its pretty dry overall in there since I’m running a dehumidifier now.

3 Likes

I would be interested in seeing your irrigation system once it is up! We tried but couldn’t get the system to water each pot with the same amount of water.

We have always hand watered our 5g pots.

Ready to learn what worked for you!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

10 Likes

These FAMs are doing phenomenal!

12 Likes

Looking good, I would flop the taller ones and keep the canopy even.

3 Likes

I really wanna see what kind of towering cola I can get out of that middle one, it seems to have slowed the stretch but if it takes off again I’ll pull the trigger.

2 Likes

Outside mine finished stretching after week 4 pretty much.

3 Likes

She kept stretching last night, was fed up with it so I had to pull the trigger. Flopped her and the other stretcher over.

9 Likes

Mine have all hit between 24 - 26 inches high. Of the two biggest, one has pink pistils and the other has almost black buds, I thought I was getting mold from all the rain this week, they suddenly got real dark this week.

1 Like

yup can imagine this in a micro cab with all the heat generated heheh

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry too much about mold this time of year outside as long there is a breeze. I know a guy who grows autos locally and swears by hosing em down every night right through til harvest. Not that I would so something like that but eh lol

2 Likes

Stopped into the local dispensary for a pre roll, they had R2 in stock and I just couldn’t resist. Asked for a source which I’m sure is a major faux pas, but I want these genes so bad I had to ask. But no luck.

Not as dark as I’m used to but it still has the R2 smell and flavor. Prayed for a bagseed but nope.

7 Likes

Ok fine @ReikoX since you were kind enough to donate the beans for this run :wink:

They stretched again last night so yeah, over they go lol

Canopy looks better, can even lower the lights a bit.

13 Likes