TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 4: "The Hunger Games"

“When in doubt plant more autos” is going to be my new mantra! They fill gaps so nicely, and they grow so fast it really scratches the itch.

7 Likes

@beacher @Mongobongo

On it.

And of course I’ll start some more because why not… lol

7 Likes

Jeez it’s pretty easy to persuade you…now mail me a cheque!!

3 Likes

don’t be so sure of that lol

13 Likes

Those sugar black rose x gohst toof take off in dwc that’s what’s mainly in that pic. They crowded out the sbr x alaskan purple i had in there as well. The akp had much denser buds but both will stone you. Taste is good even straight off the drying rack with no cure so I’ve still got some of that “green” taste

5 Likes

Pretty sure 2 of the 4 FAM seeds I grew last round were GTxSBR, and yeah I’m loving the taste and smell. They are a bitch to tame, too, a fun grow indeed lol.

6 Likes

Day 3

Noticed a single fungus gnat skittering around the surface of one of the pots. Killed it, but where theres one…

Either way I’m no stranger to em and got everything on hand to keep them at bay, should it become a problem.

12 Likes

Fungus gnats, I know with my no-till beds they are a constant issue because they thrive in the very environment I’m trying to create. @Subcool hates them so much, he even got a tattoo of one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Normally I’d just sterilize the media with some H2O2 and topdress with gnatnix or perlite+DE problem solved but honestly they are a low concern to me, I just make sure I’m not rotting out my roots so even if they are there they dont have much of a food source. They obviously came with the soil, sucks but whatever.

2 Likes

I don’t worry about them so much now, the predatory mites are still going in the pots, and the yellow stickers pick up about a hundred or so a month, the cover crops keep them occupied well.

How’s the wind up your way, surprised we haven’t lost power here, it’s almost as strong as that hurricane the other month.

Got to go back to the hospital today to get these stitches taken out of my mouth, I will be glad when my mouth has healed, lost 15lbs so far this week, dropped 1.5 inches off my waist :grinning:That’s the only positive other than fixing the receding gums line. Night’s is the worst only getting a couple of hours a night sleep. Got to go through all this again in January, for the other side, might say fuckit let that side fall out I will still have teeth on the fixed side I can chew with :rofl:.

3 Likes

Sucks about your teeth bro I know all too well the struggle there. Was in a bad accident when I was 14 shattered all but 3 teeth and I’m still dealing with the complications it caused and pains to this day, after a while it just becomes ambient pain and I got used to it. If I ever get dental coverage or money I’m getting all mine replaced with dentures what a great thing that would be.

Wind is very strong here today the yard is full of deadfall, power loss could be likely but it is what it is.

4 Likes

Day 3

GTxSBR seem to be off to a decent start

Dark Sparks a little slower but also had smaller taproots when planted, hoping they find their feet soon.

12 Likes

And awaaaaày we go!!

5 Likes

Is that auto ghost tooth crossed with Sebrings Revenge?

1 Like

Sugar Black Rose is what rekio used

4 Likes

Cheers, acronyms confuse me when they have similar letters lol.

2 Likes

Day 4

Ghost Toof x Sugar Black Rose (:wink: @Shadey)

Dark Sparks (couple younger ones in here too)

13 Likes

Morning Trevor, you just drop your seeds on the soil surface, or is that seedling got the pod still on its head?

2 Likes

You spill one too many beans? You got twins if not (second to last pic)!

2 Likes

Nah that’s a freshly popped and planted seed. It was already close to losing its pod when I took it out of the paper towel so I just stuck it in coco with the head barely breaching surface.

@Jellypowered hehe yeah that was a seedling that was stuck in its shell, had little hope of survival, so I just said fuck it might as well stick it in the pot next to that other one. And then it grew, and then right before that pic was taken I was finally able to coerce the jacket off.

3 Likes