Trichrome increase in the last 3 weeks?

do you have a link to an abstract or any literature that can confirm what you’ve written here about UVA & UVB light

I have seen lights advertising 385nm UV light, you’re saying this is just marketing since they are not small enough?

Yes I do. See these pages:
https://www.solacure.com/myths.html?viewfullsite=1
and

2 Likes

Also see these videos:

3 Likes

“you are guaranteed to increase THC by at least 15% (for example, going from 17% to almost 20%) and many experienced growers are getting 25%”

Is this a money back guarantee?

2 Likes

One more video:

Nope, but it does help

UV LED’s don’t work the way a 2 foot uvb t5 does

2 Likes

An interesting comment (3rd video?) was that the extra THC was at the loss of CBD.
The implication being that there would be less benefit for plants with very low CBD & most benefit to Type II plants (1:1 THC to CBD)… :thinking:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

although I’d imagine you are generalizing but we have found two LED versions that have outperformed the tubes. As Chris has been using the tubes since their inception, I purchased the RayonLED with UVB/IR added and my mentor went with the gavita 1700 with the Gavita UV bars although truthfully the gavita bars did not really add a huge noticeable amount , but we did notice increase in final products THC. The RayonLED was a quite noticeable improvement. Now for all I know it may be the ONLY LED one that truly performs. But it definitely does and well. We did this with a strain that’s been in our stable for 8-9 years and grown out at least 10 times, as close to identical conditions as possible with same nutes, PH, temp, RH, (for the most part) and RO water. I would love to do this again for youtube with more high end products and see who’s really telling the truth because some of these claims just seem ludicrous. If I can get a 2-5% THC increase and make them seem frostier than they already are. Especially the grape stomper I’m 1000000% in .

1 Like

This I’ve always wondered? Are we sacrificing some medicinal properties for a higher THC? If so it’s honestly not worth it to me as the CBD addition is what soothes my ailments. And in some strains is the only thing keeping lightweights from absolutely greening out on some of the HIGH HIGH THC , RACY strains

3 Likes

what is the cost of the of the diodes vs the cost of tubes?

a couple months ago i went hunting for the right nm spectrum of light for UVB LED’s and found some diodes but were in the 90-150$ ranger per diode.

1 Like

Definitely ridiculous. Still new ish so they are doing as they do lol. Take advantage of consumers. @Syn

1 Like

That’s absolutely ridiculous

Most definately. When you breed for very high-thc , it’s at the expense of other cannabinoids, some of which we don’t even know the effects of yet. Other cannabinoids give character and “legs” to a high, making one distinguishable from the next.
Molasses is supposed to improve yields by up to 20%, sulfur increases terpene production. Some use gypsum and molasses for this combo.
Makes a lot of sense that UV rays increase resin… Outdoors plants grown at 1,800 FT elevation or above will contain 25% more resin than low elevation plants, (though yield may be less)

2 Likes

Exactly my friend, molasses is very underrated. I just wish I could figure out a way to run it in my RDWC without the staining and biofilm it leaves, and I’m not 100% sure but I’m thinking the sterile element would mess with the molasses. I ALWAYS utilized black strap molasses while running soilless and noticed huge advantages after inception and honestly zero negatives. It’s basically 100% natural Bud candy at a mere fraction of the cost. (Out of likes btw)

1 Like

@Upstate I truly believe the other cannabinoids are just as beneficial if not more than the THC itself. As anyone who smokes a lot of different varieties realizes that some super low THC stuff can literally sit even the most seasoned vets on their ass, and then there’s 33-36% strains that you barely feel buzzed. I love researching and learning about this kind of stuff as we are truly only on the brink of understanding cannabis in it’s entirety.

4 Likes

I’m in love with it!

1 Like

The good stuff right there my friend :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

For those into Organics, you want to use unsulphured molasses( if you are making compost tea or castings tea), like the black strap shown above. And if you decide to use gypsum to increase terpenes, just use it in the last couple/ few weeks or cook it into your soil mix before you plant into it. Sulphur in excess makes the microlife unhappy.

I think the absorption of cannabinoids is just as important as how many there are. Kind of like a vitamin C pill versus taking orange juice. You have to take ten times as much vitamin C in pill form because the body doesn’t absorb it as well as getting it from an orange. I think there are cannabinoids we don’t understand that Aid in THC absorption , and also work synergistically to improve the high. For example, and I’ve posted this information in a couple other threads, Italian scientists have discovered thcp and cbdp. Thcp is 33 times stronger than THC and After figuring in the amount that actually gets absorbed into the body, it is about 10 times stronger in effect than t h c. Just 1% or 2% could make a high overwhelmingly strong. Could explain the potency of some of these low-thc varieties.
I think CBDP is similar. Much stronger than cbd

4 Likes

Very interesting stuff my friend, I’m going to look into this tonight, sounds intriguing

2 Likes

TopShelfTrees1 I looked at the specs of the UV LED lights you listed and both only put out upper UV spectrum or around 365nm or higher. That spectrum may slightly improve you THC level a little but you need the lower spectrum UV around 285nm to trigger the UVR8 protean that greatly improves the THC level. UV tubes can emit that spectrum at a desirable amount, LEDs currently do not. If you can find a UV LED that produces a usable amount of UV radiation at 285nm, please let me know where.
This 365nm UV LED light on Amazon is about 20W more power than the lights included in your packages at a fraction of the price.

2 Likes