True pre 98 bubba kush cut

I’m finding I need things with thcv in them to get the sleepy/drunk effects I like for nighttime weed.

2 Likes

Isnt that the opposite of most people though. Thcv is the one thats supose to be an appetite suppresent i thought ive heard people say they almost get a anxious speedy type buzz from it. I could be mixed up though.

2 Likes

No idea, but I’ve found a good portion of the time the flower that has it in there disorients me a bit. The more of it in there the better. Makes me walk around like im drunk or something. And can easily pass right out.

I also don’t consider the matt Berger cut to be that potent. Most of what I smoke gets me there twice as fast/half the amount I need to get there off that berger cut. The Irene was noticably stronger than that berger cut but still not up to the strength of my daily smoke. Maybe that has something to do with the chemistry 🤷

3 Likes

How do you know what plants have thcv in them. Are you sending samples out for testing? Or running cuts that have tested high for it?

1 Like

Yeah having samples tested or buying flower with said reports.

1 Like

So which cultivars were these. Ive been curious about thcv and dont see it listed commonly.

THCv tends to be associated with tropical sativa types to the best of my knowledge.

Some people have done their own selecting for it from certain lines. It’s a niche thing, for the most part.

1 Like

Lava Cake was the most recent one I bought that had a bit of it, ~1.5%. Otherwise at least one pheno in Vernal’s Garland(ISS x Scott’s OG) line had it and same with my NorthStar(C5/SensiStar/A5Haze/NL5) line. All of which put me down. Some of the THCV Durban stuff from edit: Hoko Hoku works like that for me too.

2 Likes

Psst, you said hoko instead of hoku

1 Like

This is correct imo, having smoked it often and growing the supposed clone (in 2014?) from Cloneville in So. Cal. The Pre 98 has the body-numbing and nerve-pain relief effects. Out of 100’s of strains smoked, it had this pain-numbing more than any other.

It was weird at first to be walking, and not feel my legs.

Fortunately the Pre 98 passed to many of it’s hybrids the pain-numbing effect.

The other Bubbas were not pain-relieving; but relaxing to the muscles, much like a pure Afghan, Purple Kush or LA Confidential.

1 Like

I’ve assumed for some time og kush variants, especially the broad leaf kushes, are dogbud (NL) related

NL (Northern Lights) was created with Steve Murphy afghani if I’m recalling correctly

So it wouldn’t be surprising to me if that’s the afghan influence coming out.

1 Like

Another reason I speculate that this is the case, is that i believe Tahoe is a 91 s1, because I do see some similarities there. Chem is supposedly bagseed from dogbud.

1 Like

I got curious about it and scanned through your grow threads and could not find the lab test report on the garland and the northstar. Would be cool to see those reports. Did you ever post the test results?

No I never did and don’t have them offhand sadly. When I get more done I’ll see.

Hmmm. Interesting. I figured you would post results of your own creation if it had thcv in the test results.

Honestly wasn’t sure if it meant anything at the time :sweat_smile:
Been collecting data over the years and that’s just something I’ve noticed recently.

1 Like