Tumbled cannabis

I must confess…

Just before I gave a half ounce of fresh buds to my friend, the trichomes were falling off at every chance, :laughing:

2 Likes

I’ve had it fall off of what I was bagging up for myself and to store, but not to the extent that I’m hearing in these and other stories. I would not want, to have, to give away something that I would prefer not to smoke myself, and my taste have quickly become accustomed to top shelf home grown. Especially since I have been hanging out with the likes of you fine fellows.

regards,

mike

1 Like

This is pure BS. In all the western US states that Mj is rec legal it has to be lab tested and the amount of THC/CBD has to be printed on the label. During the testing process, the batch being tested has to be bagged and sealed by the grower to prevent tampering. No grower or store is going to mess with any weed that has been tested or they risk losing their license, huge fines, or both. Licenses are very expensive and the penalties for tampering with tested and labeled weed are extreme. In Oregon, California and Washington, you need a separate Mj processing license to tumble weed to make hashish. You also need that license to extract oil/wax/shatter with CO2 or butane. Processors do not buy high dollar good bud for that though. They buy low price trim or low test result weed, or even weed that failed mold tests to make oil and shatter from.

Growers want the highest levels of THC possible. Sellers want the best product possible. There is no money in skimming the buds for trichs with legal weed. Black market? Who knows. Legal market? Urban legend.

4 Likes

I can see your opinion as well. If it is sealed, it should be good to go, no question.

regards,

mike

I have worked in a dispensary and know that every pound is not tested. Most get it tested once a month and sell multiple pounds that are not tested under that one test. I also know growers that use trimmers that catch kief for them to resell. We have growers on this site that have admitted to kiefing bud and reselling it. There are youtube videos of growers bragging about this practice as well.

5 Likes

Names! We need names so we can properly shame these reprobates! I have never heard of this unscrupulous practice. What happened to pride in one’s craft? Pls don’t tell me they are doing this to patients! :angry: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Read and you shall gain enlightenment.

This further confirms my belief that there is more honor in the black market, even in, or especially in, legal rec states. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I have seen weed which looked rough and tumbled on the black market (UK). No leaves left on it at all, no trichomes and looked processed. It always had a similar taste when smoking it too, like it always came from the same source growing the same plant and doing the same bad things to it…

1 Like

I had no idea! Cancelling trip to Vegas now. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I remain unconvinced that legalization is all it’s cracked up to be. :cowboy_hat_face: I don’t care if dispensaries start giving it away, I’ll produce the medicine that I prefer and is the most effective for me. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

idk,there is a possibilty that someone will pull that bullshit… just one look at the product, and you can tell… Dispen product wont have trvaled like balck market export, so u can tell if they shook it over a screen… we used to call it “bouncing”… it something that you sometimes would see in cali outdoor export… just another way to stretch things… like polinaintng a crop to get it “finished” faster, or cutting dope w/ something… its not cool, and if u find out any dispen doing that, Call them The Fuck out. put them on blast… One bad apple reflects poorly on all us other cats that are doing the right thing by our clients. These sort of unscrupulous business practices piss me off to no end. i’ll walk right into thier store and tell them how shitty they are to thier face. fuck people like that, man.

2 Likes

Laughable. If its posted on the internet it must be true!

In Oregon and Washington and soon to be the case in California, every harvest batch is submitted for lab testing by the producer (grower) or processor. That is a batch of harvested, trimmed and dried buds. What happens before that is on the grower and not tested for. But any trim or hash culled in that process is not done legally. Oregon is cracking down on harvesting now, and you have to submit your outdoor harvest dates ahead of time so the OLCC can monitor your activity. While any batch is being tested, the batch has to be labeled and sealed and stored in a secure area. All trim must be accounted for, and all plant material disposed of by destructive means. Everything has to be tracked using a computer inventory system. There are STEEP FINES for messing with the process. Do people cheat? Yes, and the OLCC and WSLCB hand out fines and suspend licenses. Mainly for idiots selling to friends, getting high in a rec weed shop, or selling to minors. But that is by far the exception.

This notion that all weed is being shaken and culled for trichomes is pure nonsense.

1 Like

Ok. I feel better. Thanks @PanchoVilla. :cowboy_hat_face:

Ill have to agree that a majority of the lack of visible trichs come from autotrimming and poor handling and less from trich skimming but it does still happen. I could go on and on about the quality of “medicine” being pushed around in medical and rec dispensaries in my state but really the only answer to this problem is to grow your own. While others have stated the regulatory process and penalties of not following these processes, i can tell you for a fact that there are MANY dispensaries that are doing everything they can to circumvent these rules and regulations. It has gotten better as legalization is becoming more common place however testing is still far from uniform and the processing varies so much from dispo to dispo you never know what youll get. There are still dispo being shut down every day for not following the rules and guess what, theres another one opening up that day to do the same thing. People are getting sick and i dont just mean coughing from smoke inhalation but actual chonic illnesses from the buds coming from some of these dispensaries due to poor growing practice. My girlfriend and I were plagued with CVS (cyclical vomiting syndrome) and after months of trying to determine the cause, we were advised to take a break from the cannabis we had been ingesting more and more of to combat the nausea. Within of week of not using dispensary cannabis, we were fine. Been growing our own ever since. Fuck anyone trying to make money off of nature, they do not have your best interest in mind.

1 Like

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

So, if I have this right. You were a consumer before the nausea, but used more to combat the nausea, and that is what made you worse. Is that, right… Or, did I miss something.

regards,

mike

1 Like

soooo, true!

regards,

mike

1 Like

Ive used cannabis as a mood stabilizer and appetite stimulator for years and for the occasional bout of nausea when sick with a virus or something but never had issues until we got fed up with shady transactions in parking lots and started going through dispensaries. About a month after switching to dispensary meds we started waking up every morning hugging the toilet and dealing with ulcer like pains throughout the day. Smokin more cannabis seemed to help tomporarily but then the issue was intensified later. After a little bit of a break we saw almost 100% improvement. Havent had a single issue since smoking our own and we save a ton of money since it only takes half a bowl of our stuff to get us both where we need to be versus smoking/vaping bowl after bowl of mediocre dispo buds to get even 1/2 the effect.

3 Likes

Nobody is saying that it happens to all weed.

To suggest that people follow the law to the letter just because there are rules… umm I’m not sure what to say about that that wont offend.

6 Likes