Tuna Kush F2 Co-Op Run (CLOSED)

Ok y’all, so here’s my detailed “end of grow” notes (the plants aren’t all done but close enough!):

Pheno #1:

Height: 3’9

Aroma: artificial fruit (like lifesaver gummies), floral, very mild hint of chem/jet fuel on the backend

Flower time: 60-63 days

Notes: heavy drinker during flower. The only pheno that could tolerate the nutes (half the recommended dose of crab & kelp blend for topsoil application) I gave them on day 45. Though heavily seeded, the calyx to leaf ratio is a bit better than the other sativa leaning pheno. Node spacing is somewhat tight

Pheno #2:

Height: 3’7

Aroma: jet fuel, sulfur, very mild indistinct sweetness on backend (almost opposite of pheno #1)

Flower time: 70 days

Notes: heavy drinker during flower. Could not tolerate nutes even with a ppm of between 355-446 (these are numbers I vaguely remember but somewhere in that range). Nodes are more spaced out. If just growing for fun I would expect a fairly small yield with somewhat wispy buds

Pheno #3:

Height: 2’10

Aroma: pretty mild (not a stinker) but otherwise similar to pheno #2 only slightly sweeter

Flower time: 60-63

Notes: moderate drinker during flower. Was most affected by the addition of nutes. Nodes spacing is tight with a leafy structure, will likely require heavy or moderate defoliation to get a decent yield. Tips of seed pods turn purple, not sure if that’s an indication you’d see purple hues in a normal grow but noted it regardless. Bushy/slight Christmas tree structure.

Pheno #4:

Height: 3’1

Aroma: zero sweetness, strong odor; garlic, diesel, jet fuel, sulfur

Flower time: 56-60

Notes: somewhat moderate drinker during flower. Was least affected by the addition of nutes. Nodes spacing is tight with a good leaf to calyx ratio, did not need defoliate as often as I had to with other phenos. Has Christmas tree structure and doesn’t fade to yellow as it gets closer to finish flowering. Great trich/resin production, by far my favorite pheno.

Pheno #5:

Height: 2’3

Aroma: lemon cleaner (think pledge), starburst, with a sour diesel undertone

Flower time: 60-62

Notes: light drinker during flower. Had trouble tolerating nutes. Node spacing is tight, overall plant structure reminds me of bushy Landrace indicas (namely a phenotype of the Iranian I grew out a couple years ago). Almost as leafy as pheno #3 (moderate defoliation may be required)

Edit: To clarify, this has been an all water, no nutes grow up until day 45 of flower. They started/finished in Roots Organics soil Original mix.

And that’s all the updates for this evening! Since none of them are really done, the flowering times are just guesstimates, however pheno #4 seems done but I wanna push her a bit to mature any seeds that aren’t. The list cometh soon! Will throw it back up after these plants are chopped and I have an idea of how many I can actually give away. Thanks to all those who have been following along and encouraging me, this is the first time I’ve done a real grow journal and it was not as tedious as I had initially expected. Glad I decided to do this run.

Anywho, hope y’all had a great holiday and I look forward to the new year with all my OG’ers, talk to ya soon! :v:t5::v:t5::v:t5::v:t5:

32 Likes

@District_Flora thanks for sharing you killed it for sure, happy holidays right back at you

4 Likes

Great job on the grow and descriptions . Wonder if any are gonna cure to a tuna smell?

3 Likes

Awesome job man! Happy holidays

2 Likes

Can’t remember which but there’s one I had to do a double take on smelling because I thought I caught just that. Unfortunately, there won’t be any smokable matter for me to cure after this but I have three clones that I was holding for a friend and he has yet to grab them. Maybe I’ll flower those and see what they got going on after a good cure.

3 Likes

Thank you! Likewise

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

Think I’m gonna chop most if not all of these by the end of this week. Wanna see if I can push some lowers a bit longer to get the most out this reproduction run. Almost at the finish line yall!

8 Likes

well done @District_Flora !

2 Likes

Chopped them about 3-4 days ago, going for a slow dry of about 6-7 days then I’ll get to work on extracting/counting seeds. :v:t5:

17 Likes

Nice Job! Count them beans!

3 Likes

Nice grow and show, I hope you catch the salmon flavor.

3 Likes

Way to go! Nice grow

2 Likes

Maybe in the F3’s with the combined genetics from the males I used, something should come up. We’ll have to play with them and find out! With all the intense smells and acrid notes, I don’t doubt it could show up in the progeny

4 Likes

Thanks cuz

2 Likes

Awesome! Well done. Hoping those beans are great and in absolute abundance. Tuna Kush truly is and has been an all time favourite for many many years. I would gladly send you something for some tuna beans as I have two crosses in mind immediately and would love to hunt, find and isolate a few phenos. Great work :pray:t2:

9 Likes

I really dig your detailed pheno notes. Thanks for making this journal informative for future cultivators!

7 Likes

No need for a trade, just put your name on the sign up list when I put it back up. Currently in the process of plucking/counting seeds

11 Likes

Appreciate the kind words, thank you! Hope it helps give people an idea of what can pop up in their seeds

8 Likes

First plant down, Tuna #4. The acrid notes really kicked in after some drying, it’s pretty much just a pungent sulfur and garlic smell.

Here are the beans, the count is somewhere between 935-950. Basing that number on weight (50 tuna seeds = .74 g). Just a heads up, these will be mixed up with seeds from the other plants; I will not be keeping them separate.

That’s all for now, will try and work on these plants earlier tomorrow to see if I can maybe knock out two more. Will keep y’all posted. :v:t5:

42 Likes