Turn that Closet into a 5x6 Growroom HELP

I use that stuff all the time! My entire sliding glass door gets a panel of that over the winter to trap heat inside and blast light from the grow-lights back onto my overwintering potted plants :smiley:

2 Likes

I have about 2 months before i can do it. Getting lists of materials and such. Will defiantly be back to show. Thanks to all of you its less time and money then i thought!

1 Like

No ideas, but I definitely want to see the end result.

1 Like

Plus your going to free up your tent too as long as you’ve got a spot to set it up . The room itself will be the bonus with having more room .

1 Like

Maybe my workshop rebuild thread will give you an idea or two. My flower room ended up 4’x6’ and a 4’x4’ veg/utility area.

5 Likes

Your thread will be today’s rabbit hole. :laughing:

2 Likes

What do you all think about using Flat White Latex Paint, i know this could only be up to 80% reflective. My only thought is, after two grows or more ill have to tear it all down. Why not just leave the paint up. Did some googling but i know my OGers are better than Good ol Googs.
@ReikoX @ShiskaberrySavior @Pigeonman @TestOfOath
Thanks for the previous and future help to come =)

4 Likes

Panda poly and tuck tape and you will have a beautiful grow room.!!!

2 Likes

I will most defiantly look into this!
Thank you

1 Like

Paint would 100% work, the reflectiveness isn’t essential it’s just a nice bonus to push light as far down as possible. Even then you can supplement with light bars or cobs or all kinds of shit

3 Likes

I agree my veg room is painted with white killX brand paint it helps prevent mold and is decent reflective .

4 Likes

So long as the paint is “washable” i’d consider it. I’d still panda or shiney bubble warp insulation the lower few feet of the walls with a small flap taped to the floor at bottom as an extra precaution for the walls where moisture could build.

2 Likes

Flat white exterior paint. :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

I finally started today :slight_smile: :grinning:

1 Like

At first, my room was 8 X 10. I had to put a Mylar curtain up to shrink it down to 8 X 5. I used a 1000 watt MH which worked great. I had the other half for cuttings, seedlings and supplies. I built a new room that is 6 X 8. I also have a curtain for two 6 X 4 spaces. Now I can do one 6 X 4 for a 600 watt HPS or the whole area for two 600 watt HPS’s. It’s in the basement where it’s cool and dry (except in summer, when I move out). I have a big fan and carbon filter which blows out the roof, and a decent oscillating fan, I also have an electric wall heater for cold spells and a dehumidifier if need be. I have an intake fan but I often just leave the door open. The basement is large and the room door isn’t visible from the 4 basement windows. This system works very well but is power greedy. I don’t sell anything so replacing with a tent and smaller lighting isn’t in my budget. This set up was bought during my working life when I was still making money.

2 Likes

Sounds like a great set up if it works why change it .

1 Like

The curtain is Mylar but the walls are flat white with white tape where needed.

2 Likes

Thought of venting through the ceiling?

1 Like

This seems awesome! Thank you got this!

Daughters rooms right above that. I just leave the closet door open and the bedroom door closed during the day.

Its funny how much thought went into the room. When I was finished it was pretty simple lol

1 Like