Unpopular opinion thread

Fahrenheit is better than Celsius because I can set the thermostat to 69 and say nice.

69 Likes

are you bored this morning lol :peace_symbol:

9 Likes

Global warming is caused by the imperial system of measurement because everyone is now turning their thermostats down to 69 for a chuckle.

I use a weird hybrid of both systems. Kilos for weight feet for distance. Who knows why.

22 Likes

77 is better than 69 cuz You get ate more

6 Likes

sorry it was a typo lol

2 Likes

this f*ckin auto opinion on my phone I can’t turn it off wtf

2 Likes

I use to be able to spell but my phone made me stupid :thinking: wait, scratch that …

3 Likes

All those messages of mine you can read - phone
The ones with missing letters laptop :rofl:

:green_heart: :seedling:

5 Likes

New coke was better.

coke2

Also I set my thermostat in kelvin +/- 272 degrees

18 Likes

Someday, all the Baby Boomers will be gone and we’ll
finally have a worldwide measuring system :joy: lol!

10 Likes

too bad most everyone that knows how to do anything, of importance, will be gone by then. shame.

regards,

19 Likes

I do similar, when I got ‘called on it’ by the Americans I worked with, I told them Canadians were bilingual… :wink:
And then segue into the story of the Gimli Glider as a cautionary tale as to why the US changed their mind about going metric… :laughing: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

12 Likes

I’m a Boomer and I remember in about the 4th or 5th grade (about 1964-65) they were saying everything would be metric in just a few years. And here we are.

19 Likes

We do have a worldwide system, it’s called the metric system. By the mid 70’s most countries had converted so we could have a world wide system. Now there are only 3 countries that use Imperial. U.S., Liberia and Myanmar, lol. So 192 countries use metric, 3 use Imperial. Can’t really blame that on the Boomers, lol.

17 Likes

Amazing story that I had to look up.

8 Likes

Not entirely true.
In England, speed limits are in MPH.

" Imperial system:

What are the imperial system measurements

The imperial system of measurement is defined as a system of measuring quantities such as length, mass, volume, area, etc in the units that are commonly used in the UK, and other commonwealth countries. The units used in this system include inches, feet, pounds, gallons, tons, fluid ounces, etc."

They don’t go down to the pub and drink a litre, they drink a pint.

And I think Canada still uses an Imperial Gallon for gasoline sales?..not sure, haven’t been over that way in a bit. :slight_smile:

Lob

7 Likes

Marmite and peanut butter on toast.

1 Like

Thanks for posting a link. Thats quite a story.

4 Likes

If only they sold it by the litre. We would have to get new glasses.

Do you get it by the litre?

2 Likes

Just want to point out the US does not use the Imperial system.

1 Like